Today, 5:35 PM
Wed, Feb. 18, 7:41 AM
- UBS initiates coverage on Knight Transportation (NYSE:KNX) with a Buy rating.
- The investment firm starts Heartland Express (NASDAQ:HTLD) off with a Sell rating.
- Swift Transportation (NYSE:SWFT) and Echo Global Logistics (NASDAQ:ECHO) are given Buy ratings by UBS
- Werner Enterprises (NASDAQ:WERN) and C.H. Robinson Worldwide (NASDAQ:CHRW) are assigned Neutral ratings.
Wed, Jan. 28, 4:12 PM| Comment!
Tue, Jan. 27, 5:35 PM| 4 Comments
Oct. 23, 2014, 7:27 PM
- Swift Transportation's (NYSE:SWFT) Q3 operating ratio improved 90 bps to 90.9% and adjusted operating ratio improved 110 bps to 88.2%.
- Consolidated Average Operational Truck Count increased more than 500 trucks Y/Y.
- Truckload Adjusted Operating Ratio improved 290 bps Y/Y.
- Guidance: FY'14 EPS $1.29 - 1.33 vs. $1.27 consensus; FY'15 EPS $1.62 - 1.72 vs. $1.65 consensus.
- Shares +2% AH.
- Previously: Swift Transportation beats by $0.04, misses on revenue
Oct. 23, 2014, 4:24 PM| Comment!
Sep. 25, 2014, 3:57 PM
- Swift Transportation (SWFT +9.6%) is one of the session's few strong gainers after confirming Q3 earnings guidance of $0.33-$0.37 per share on "cautiously optimistic" results from driver wage increases.
- SWFT raised wages in early August to entice skilled drivers to join the company and end high driver turnover, and the company says driver turnover of its over-the-road fleets has since improved more than 16 percentage points Q/Q, and is now well below industry average.
- SWFT says it passed on some of the higher wage costs to its customers, and sees revenue per loaded mile excluding fuel surcharges rising 4%-5% Y/Y.
Sep. 25, 2014, 12:45 PM
Jul. 25, 2014, 2:17 PM
- Swift Transportation (SWFT -16.7%) plunges after reporting generally in-line Q2 results but projecting Q3 profit that trails analyst estimates.
- SWFT says it is being held back by a challenging driver market and turnover has been higher than anticipated.
- "You see some carriers passing on rate increases to drivers, but for whatever reason Swift has had a harder time attracting and retaining drivers," a Bloomberg analyst says.
Jul. 25, 2014, 12:45 PM
Jul. 24, 2014, 4:39 PM| Comment!
Jun. 30, 2014, 6:53 PM
- Barclays upgrades its view of the transportation sector to positive, as an improving fundamental backdrop is set to drive meaningful earnings expansion across a broad array of transport companies.
- Among signs of improving fundamentals: rail volume up 7%, U.S. trucking demand up 3%-4%, small package markets up 5%, and global trade up 5%-6% - all implying strong industrial demand.
- Sector valuations are the highest since the 2009 recession and has outperformed YTD, but with Q2 results ripe to usher in more bullish sentiment in the space, Barclays expects valuations could have further to run as markets discount a more robust outlook.
- The firm's top recommendations in sector are UNP, UPS, SWFT, CP and JBHT, while also upgrading CNI and NSC to Overweight, adding more exposure to the favorable North American rail vertical.
- ETFs: IYT, XTN.
Apr. 24, 2014, 4:34 PM| Comment!
Apr. 8, 2014, 7:25 AM| 1 Comment
Jan. 27, 2014, 4:10 PM| Comment!
Jan. 27, 2014, 12:10 AM
SWFT vs. ETF Alternatives
Swift Transportation Co is a multi-faceted transportation services company and a truckload carrier in North America. The Company's four reportable operating segments consist of Truckload, Dedicated, Central Refrigerated and Intermodal.
Other News & PR