Tue, Mar. 3, 5:36 PM
Tue, Mar. 3, 4:26 PM
- Smith & Wesson (NASDAQ:SWHC) reports firearm sales fell 14.7% Y/Y to $124.5M in FQ3.
- Demand for long guns was off 40%.
- The company's gross margin rate declined 660 bps to 33.6% on the volume slide and some promotional activity.
- Operating expenses rate +260 bps to 21.5%.
- Guidance: S&W see revenue of $532M-$536M vs. $527M consensus and EPS of $0.75-$0.77 for FY15.
- SWHC +8.8% after hours after shedding 4.3% during the daily session.
Tue, Mar. 3, 4:20 PM
Mon, Mar. 2, 5:35 PM
Fri, Jan. 23, 10:18 AM
Tue, Jan. 20, 12:45 PM
Tue, Jan. 20, 9:16 AM
Tue, Jan. 20, 8:22 AM
- Smith & Wesson (NASDAQ:SWHC) lifts guidance for Q3 and FY15 on positive trends in the sector.
- The company expects Q3 revenue of $124M-$126M vs. $116.98 consensus and EPS of $0.10-$0.11 vs. $0.06 consensus.
- Full-year guidance is set at $526M in revenue and EPS of $0.68-$0.72.
- SWHC +9.8% premarket to $11.00.
Dec. 4, 2014, 4:55 PM
- Smith & Wesson (NASDAQ:SWHC) resumes trading after a halt, -3.9% AH after reporting better than expected FQ2 earnings and revenues but issuing downside guidance for FQ3 and FY 2015, as weaker demand for firearms continues to hurt the bottom line.
- For FQ3, SWHC expects EPS of $0.09-$0.11 vs. $0.20 analyst consensus estimate, and sees Q3 revenues of $113M-$118M vs. $129M consensus.
- For FY 2015, SWHC lowers EPS guidance to $0.66-$0.70 from prior $0.89-$0.94 vs. $0.89 consensus, and reduces its revenue outlook to $504M-$508M from prior $530M-$540M vs. $531M consensus.
- SWHC blames the 22% Y/Y decline in FQ2 revenues on lower consumer demand and competitors' excess inventory at distributor and retailer locations, which followed an earlier surge period when consumers purchased firearms in anticipation of possible restrictive regulations.
Dec. 4, 2014, 4:12 PM
Dec. 3, 2014, 5:35 PM
Dec. 1, 2014, 11:32 AM
Nov. 26, 2014, 9:12 AM
- Smith & Wesson (NASDAQ:SWHC) agrees to acquire hunting and shooting accessories provider Battenfeld Technologies for $130M.
- SWHC expects the deal to be accretive to gross margins, EPS and cash generated in FY 2016, which begins May 1, 2015.
- Battenfeld develops and sells shooting, reloading, gunsmithing and gun cleaning supplies.
Nov. 24, 2014, 11:02 AM
- General Dynamics (GD +0.4%) and Smith & Wesson (SWHC +1%) are partnering to pursue the U.S. Army's Modular Handgun System solicitation to replace the M9 standard Army sidearm.
- The two intend to submit a Modular Handgun System based on the latter's M&P Polymer Pistol platform.
- The M&P pistol has been in production since 2005 and is used by the U.S. and law enforcement agencies worldwide.
Nov. 21, 2014, 8:15 AM
Aug. 27, 2014, 12:46 PM
SWHC vs. ETF Alternatives
Smith & Wesson Holding Corp manufactures firearms. It manufactures handguns, modern sporting rifles, hunting rifles, black powder firearms, handcuffs, and firearm-related products and accessories.
Other News & PR