Nov. 26, 2014, 9:12 AM
- Smith & Wesson (NASDAQ:SWHC) agrees to acquire hunting and shooting accessories provider Battenfeld Technologies for $130M.
- SWHC expects the deal to be accretive to gross margins, EPS and cash generated in FY 2016, which begins May 1, 2015.
- Battenfeld develops and sells shooting, reloading, gunsmithing and gun cleaning supplies.
Nov. 24, 2014, 11:02 AM
- General Dynamics (GD +0.4%) and Smith & Wesson (SWHC +1%) are partnering to pursue the U.S. Army's Modular Handgun System solicitation to replace the M9 standard Army sidearm.
- The two intend to submit a Modular Handgun System based on the latter's M&P Polymer Pistol platform.
- The M&P pistol has been in production since 2005 and is used by the U.S. and law enforcement agencies worldwide.
Nov. 21, 2014, 8:15 AM
Aug. 27, 2014, 12:46 PM
Aug. 27, 2014, 10:15 AM| Comment!
Aug. 27, 2014, 9:12 AM
Aug. 27, 2014, 8:05 AM
- Smith & Wesson (NASDAQ:SWHC) is down -13.5% after the company slashed its full-year sales forecast for the second time in two months.
- The company is now expecting full-year sales to be in the range of $530M-$540M, which is much lower than current estimates of around $593M, and sharply lower than the $585M-$600M expectations Smith & Wesson announced in June.
Aug. 26, 2014, 5:35 PM
Aug. 26, 2014, 4:16 PM
- Smith & Wesson (NASDAQ:SWHC) reports decreased sales of long guns contributed 87% of the company's FQ1 revenue tailoff.
- Gross margin rate -540 bps to 37.2% due in part to the shift in mix away from long guns.
- Operating expense ratio +320 bps to 17.7%.
- The company sees FY15 EPS of $0.89-$0.94 vs. $1.34 consensus.
- Shares of SWHC are under a trading halt.
Aug. 26, 2014, 4:08 PM| 1 Comment
Aug. 25, 2014, 5:35 PM
Aug. 6, 2014, 8:28 AM| Comment!
Jul. 29, 2014, 5:43 PM
- Sturm, Ruger & Co. (NYSE:RGR) estimates it saw a 31% Y/Y drop in Q2 in units sold from distributors to retailers, and an 11% drop for the whole of 1H14. Total NICS adjusted background checks (used to measure industry demand) fell 12% in Q2, and 18% in 1H14.
- Declining sales led gross margin to fall to 32.8% from 39.4% a year ago. Opex fell 13% to $17.3M, with both sales and G&A spend declining. New products were 18% of 1H firearm sales.
- $75M has been added to RGR's buyback authorization, raising its size to $100M.
- RGR -4% AH. Smith & Wesson (NASDAQ:SWHC) -2.3% in sympathy.
- Q2 results, PR
Jul. 28, 2014, 12:54 PM
Jul. 11, 2014, 7:24 AM
Jun. 20, 2014, 12:45 PM
SWHC vs. ETF Alternatives
Smith & Wesson Holding Corp manufactures firearms. It manufactures handguns, modern sporting rifles, hunting rifles, black powder firearms, handcuffs, and firearm-related products and accessories.
Other News & PR