Aug. 27, 2014, 10:15 AM| Aug. 27, 2014, 10:15 AM | Comment!
Aug. 27, 2014, 9:12 AM
Aug. 27, 2014, 8:05 AM
- Smith & Wesson (NASDAQ:SWHC) is down -13.5% after the company slashed its full-year sales forecast for the second time in two months.
- The company is now expecting full-year sales to be in the range of $530M-$540M, which is much lower than current estimates of around $593M, and sharply lower than the $585M-$600M expectations Smith & Wesson announced in June.
Aug. 26, 2014, 5:35 PM
Aug. 26, 2014, 4:16 PM
- Smith & Wesson (NASDAQ:SWHC) reports decreased sales of long guns contributed 87% of the company's FQ1 revenue tailoff.
- Gross margin rate -540 bps to 37.2% due in part to the shift in mix away from long guns.
- Operating expense ratio +320 bps to 17.7%.
- The company sees FY15 EPS of $0.89-$0.94 vs. $1.34 consensus.
- Shares of SWHC are under a trading halt.
Aug. 26, 2014, 4:08 PM
Aug. 25, 2014, 5:35 PM
Aug. 6, 2014, 8:28 AM
Jul. 29, 2014, 5:43 PM
- Sturm, Ruger & Co. (NYSE:RGR) estimates it saw a 31% Y/Y drop in Q2 in units sold from distributors to retailers, and an 11% drop for the whole of 1H14. Total NICS adjusted background checks (used to measure industry demand) fell 12% in Q2, and 18% in 1H14.
- Declining sales led gross margin to fall to 32.8% from 39.4% a year ago. Opex fell 13% to $17.3M, with both sales and G&A spend declining. New products were 18% of 1H firearm sales.
- $75M has been added to RGR's buyback authorization, raising its size to $100M.
- RGR -4% AH. Smith & Wesson (NASDAQ:SWHC) -2.3% in sympathy.
- Q2 results, PR
Jul. 28, 2014, 12:54 PM
Jul. 11, 2014, 7:24 AM
Jun. 20, 2014, 12:45 PM
Jun. 20, 2014, 9:14 AM
Jun. 19, 2014, 4:55 PM
- Though Smith & Wesson (SWHC) beat FQ4 estimates, it's guiding for FQ1 revenue of $130M-$135M and EPS of $0.23-$0.25, far below a consensus of $160.6M and $0.40. The company's annual 2-week production shutdown is expected cut output by $6M-$8M.
- FY15 (ends April '15) guidance is for revenue of $585M-$600M and EPS of $1.30-$1.40, below a consensus of $621.9M and $1.45.
- FQ4 revenue was down 1.5% Y/Y excluding a Walther sale agreement that has since ended. Gross margin rose 260 bps to 40.9%, and opex rose to 15.6% of revenue from 12.1% a year ago.
- Sturm, Ruger & Co. (RGR) is following Smith & Wesson lower.
- FQ4 results, PR
Jun. 19, 2014, 4:08 PM
Jun. 18, 2014, 5:35 PM
SWHC vs. ETF Alternatives
Smith & Wesson Holding Corp manufactures firearms. It manufactures handguns, modern sporting rifles, hunting rifles, black powder firearms, handcuffs, and firearm-related products and accessories.
Other News & PR