Dec. 10, 2013, 4:09 PM
Dec. 10, 2013, 12:10 AM
Dec. 9, 2013, 5:35 PM
Dec. 5, 2013, 10:04 AM
- Smith & Wesson (SWHC +4.2%) jumps after Lake Street upgrades shares to Buy from Hold and raises its PT to $17 from $12.
- The firm thinks downside risk is low going into next week's earnings report and that an in-line performance would be a catalyst for shares. Analysts expect EPS of $0.21 on revenue of $137.5M (+0.7% Y/Y).
Oct. 8, 2013, 10:03 AM
- The Taser (TASR +5.5%) price cut is not as bad as it seems, says JPMorgan's Paul Coster, who took the time to listen on the company conference call.
- It's more a debundling of its Axon/Evidence.com service as total solution pricing has not changed - the company now charges for the first year of evidence.com storage and license fees. The new strategy is intended to eliminate customized sales contracts, thus accelerating the sales cycle.
- Coster ups his price target to $13 from $12, but keeps the stock rated a Hold.
- Related: RGR +1.4%, SWHC +1.1%.
- Previous: The price cut story.
Sep. 17, 2013, 2:51 PM
- Sturm Ruger (RGR +2.4%), Cabela's (CAB +1.5%), and Smith & Wesson (SWHC +2.7%) trade higher after the stocks fell back in response to a mass shooting at the Washington D.C. Navy Yard yesterday.
- Some early reaction to the tragedy is focused on the suspect's history of mental illness, although calls for stricter gun control laws are also part of the debate.
- A broader theme in the weapons manufacturing sector is the trend toward slowing demand. Earlier this month, Smith & Wesson issued guidance for Q3 revenue which fell below the consensus estimate of analysts.
Sep. 6, 2013, 12:45 PM
Sep. 6, 2013, 11:26 AM
- Dougherty is out defending Buy-rated Smith & Wesson (SWHC -8.4%) which is in the midst of a post-earnings swoon thanks to what many are viewing as disappointing guidance.
- "The way we see it, handgun ownership and sport shooting are growing in popularity in accordance with demographic trends," analyst Andrea James says.
- "Any stock weakness tied to the Q2 guide should be treated as an opportunity," she concludes.
- Price target is $14.
Sep. 6, 2013, 9:10 AM
Sep. 5, 2013, 7:06 PM
- Smith & Wesson Holding (SWHC) FQ1 beats estimates across the board.
- Net profit jumped 49% Y/Y as the gun maker reported sharply higher sales.
- Gross margin widened to 42.6% from 37.7%.
- For the current quarter, the company sees per-share earnings from continuing operations between $0.20 to $0.22 on net sales of $135M to $140M, below analysts estimates for $0.29 and $143M in revenue.
- Shares -5% AH.
Sep. 5, 2013, 5:39 PM
Sep. 5, 2013, 4:12 PM
Sep. 5, 2013, 12:44 PM
Sep. 5, 2013, 12:10 AM
Sep. 4, 2013, 5:35 PM
Aug. 5, 2013, 5:31 PM
SWHC vs. ETF Alternatives
Smith & Wesson Holding Corp manufactures firearms. It manufactures handguns, modern sporting rifles, hunting rifles, black powder firearms, handcuffs, and firearm-related products and accessories.
Other News & PR