SA News • Thu, Nov. 6
Be smarter and faster with PRO Alerts on SXCL
There are 2 articles on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
Steel Excel - Shell Company Turning Into Profitable Business
- Steel Excel (SXCL) is a holding company / acquisition vehicle owned and managed by an activist value investor with a good track record - Warren Lichtenstein.
- Following Black Hawk acquisition in Dec 2013, operating cashflows are due to increase by 70-80% during 2014. This improvement will be reflected already in Q1 2014 results due in May.
- Conservative sum of parts valuation indicates 25% upside. With earnings boost from Black Hawk operations and ongoing share buybacks, gap between market price and intrinsic value is likely to narrow.
There are no Transcripts on SXCL.
Thu, Nov. 6, 6:34 PM
Aug. 23, 2013, 5:44 PM
- Steel Excel (SXCL.OB) completes its tender offer for shares of iGO (IGOI) with 2.075M shares tendered by yesterday's 5 p.m. ET deadline - exceeding SXCL.OB's offer for 1.32 million shares at $3.95.
- Overall, nearly 69.3% of IGOI shares were tendered.
- Because the offer was oversubscribed, SXCL.OB says the number of shares it will will accept will be pro-rated with SXCL.OB owning about 44% of IGOI once the $5.2M deal is completed.
Jul. 11, 2013, 5:23 PMMicrocap iGo (IGOI) +52.8% AH to $3.50 after Steel Excel (SXCL.OB) agrees to buy 44% of the company for $3.95/share, courtesy of a cash tender offer. SXCL's offer depends on at least 30% of iGo shares being tendered. If/when the offer is successfully completed, SXCL will appoint 2 of iGo's 4 directors, and a new CEO will be named to replace current CEO Michael Heil. (PR) | Comment!
SXCL vs. ETF Alternatives
ADPT Corporation has historically provided innovative data center I/O solutions that protect, accelerate, optimize, and condition data in todays most demanding data center environments. Going forward, the Companys business is expected to consist primarily of capital redeployment and... More
Country: United States
Other News & PR