Symantec: With Activists And PE Firms Calling, The Time To Buy Is At Hand
- Recent turmoil at Symantec has created an attractive entry point.
- Hiring of JPMorgan as an advisor implies management believes activist investors and private equity firms are a threat.
- Symantec has no tools with which to defend itself against activist shareholders or private equity firms.
- Sum-of-the-parts valuation suggests sizable undervaluation.
- Analyst Day in late May and selection of permanent CEO may act as catalysts for the stock.