Why I'm Short Synthetic Biologics After Phase II Relapsing-Remitting MS Data
- Preliminary results of RRMS patients showed improvement at 12 months, but failed to show statistical significance at 24 months.
- Dismissal of Phase II RRMS results by investors allows for an opportunity to short the stock.
- Reluctance to show p-values in initial press release shows lack of confidence of trial results.
- Steve Kanzer, 10% owner, selling 5 million shares at a low share price of $1.43 per share shows lack of confidence in trial.
- Attempting to run a Phase III trial after obtaining a non-significant p-value at month 24 of p = .1537 is very risky.