5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There are 3 articles on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
Marketwire (Feb 19, 2014)
Marketwire (Jan 24, 2014)
Marketwire (Jan 7, 2014)
Marketwire (Dec 12, 2013)
SYRG vs. ETF Alternatives
Friday, Jan 247:53 AM
Tuesday, Jan 143:59 PM
Tuesday, Jan 143:59 PM| Comment!
- Synergy Resources (SYRG -0.2%) is initiated with a Hold rating at Stifel as a pure play on Colorado's Wattenberg field.
- With a seasoned management team well versed in the history and nuances of the Wattenberg Field, SYRG has nimbly assembled a meaningful footprint in the region amid accelerating horizontal development of the Niobrara and Codell formations, the firm writes.
- Despite its small size, SYRG has demonstrated its ability to execute in a highly competitive play as its first five horizontal wells appear to be strong producers and cost significantly less than competitor wells.
Tuesday, Jan 76:24 AM
Monday, Jan 612:27 PM
Monday, Jan 612:27 PM| Comment!
- Bonanza Creek Energy (BCEI +3.8%) is upgraded to Buy from Neutral and Hess (HES -0.7%) is cut to Neutral from Buy at Mizuho on valuation as part of the firm's broader sector outlook, which sees crude prices remaining above breakeven for key basins despite headwinds.
- The firm expects further efficiency gains as key players in the Bakken (HES), Permian (APA, APC), Eagle Ford (MRO, APC) and DJ Basin (APC, NBL, PDCE, SYRG, BCEI) continue to hone skills; its top picks going into 2014 are APA, Kosmos (KOS) and, on the riskier side, APC.
- With APA, the firm sees a continued turnaround to a leaner, shareholder-focused E&P with material catalysts; with KOS, a seasoned explorer with big drilling upside alongside cash flow generation; with APC, market caution until a Tronox damages number is revealed but rebounding given solid assets and liquidity.
Thursday, Dec 192013, 12:13 PM
Thursday, Dec 192013, 12:13 PM| Comment!
- Synergy Resources (SYRG +7.6%) says it is accelerating drilling operations at the Wattenberg field in Colorado's D-J Basin, amending its turnkey drilling contract with Ensign Drilling to include an automatic drilling rig for all of 2014.
- Securing the rig will allow more efficient drilling, SYRG says, and the rig is capable of drilling extended reach lateral wells that will become part of drilling plans in FY 2015.
Friday, Dec 62013, 5:27 AM
Friday, Dec 62013, 5:27 AM| Comment!
- Brean downgrades Bonanza Creek Energy (BCEI) to Hold from Buy.
- "Attractive, linear growth and long-lived inventory make this a solid story, but we find the upside in PDC Energy (PDCE) and Synergy Resources (SYRG) as more compelling at this point despite richer multiples."
- NBL analyst meeting on December 18th might give reason to revisit NAV assumptions.
Friday, Nov 152013, 12:41 PM
Friday, Nov 152013, 12:41 PM| 6 Comments
- Voters in the Denver suburb of Broomfield, Colo., narrowly approve a five-year moratorium on fracking after a recount by county officials; the new results mean that all four Colorado communities with similar measures on the ballot this month voted to reject fracking.
- The results in Broomfield, on the edge of the Niobrara Shale, were closely watched because the community is considered less liberal than those which passed anti-fracking measures.
- Active in the Niobrara: NBL, APC, WPX, BBG, CRZO, BCEI, SYRG, PDCE.
Tuesday, Nov 52013, 6:17 AM|Tuesday, Nov 52013, 6:17 AM| Comment!
Tuesday, Oct 12013, 3:00 PM
Tuesday, Oct 12013, 3:00 PM| Comment!
- Synergy Resources (SYRG +2.5%) reports early production figures from five wells on its Renfore pad in Colorado's Wattenberg field after installing production tubing.
- The fifth well on the pad, the Renfroe C-1-36HNZ, had a continuous 24-hour initial production rate of 784 boe; the production mix on all five wells consisted of 77% crude oil, 8% natural gas liquids and 15% natural gas.
- Also, 10 of 20 vertical wells shut-in by recent flooding have returned to production; the aggregate production from the wells is less than 5% of SYRG's daily production.
Monday, Sep 162013, 5:26 PM
Monday, Sep 162013, 5:26 PM| Comment!
- Synergy Resources (SYRG) says the "vast majority" of its existing production is unaffected by the flooding in northern Colorado, and its initial assessment reveals only "a small number" of existing vertical wells will be offline for an undetermined period of time.
- Production from the first four horizontal wells at the Renfroe pad continues uninterrupted, and final completion of the fifth well has been delayed; drilling operations on the Leffler pad are not affected, where spudding for a fourth well later this week remains on schedule.
- PDC Energy (PDCE) says it suspended production from a "limited number" of wells in its Wattenberg field operations.
Monday, Sep 162013, 9:31 AM
Monday, Sep 162013, 9:31 AM| Comment!
- Anadarko Petroleum (APC) has shut in at least 300 wells in the Wattenberg field, one of several operators affected by strong floods in Colorado over the weekend.
- Encana (ECA) says it shut in an unspecified number of wells and closed a field office due to lack of road access.
- Noble Energy (NBL) says its operations north of Denver are operating normally.
- Other smaller operators such as Synergy Resources (SYRG) and PDC Energy (PDCE) likely are affected; operators such as EOG, Bonanza Creek (BCEI) and Carrizo (CRZO) may have logistical issues.
Thursday, Aug 292013, 8:46 AM
Thursday, Aug 292013, 8:46 AM| Comment!
- Synergy Resources (SYRG) agrees to acquire operatorship of 38 wells with a 27.5% working interest and 22% net revenue interest in 3,639 gross acres in the Denver-Julesburg Basin in a $17.5M deal.
- The wells currently yield output of ~200 boe/day.
- SYRG says the buy complements its acreage position in the oilier portions of the Wattenberg field, which it views as offering some of North America’s best capital returns.
Friday, Aug 232013, 5:30 PM
Monday, Jul 292013, 11:59 AM
Monday, Jul 292013, 11:59 AM| Comment!
- Synergy Resources (SYRG +2.7%) says it has amended its drilling contract to enable 21 additional horizontal wells to be drilled in the Wattenberg Field.
- Ensign Rig #17 is currently drilling the Renfroe 42-1-36CHZ, the fifth well of SYRG's program for 25 horizontal wells.
- SYRG says the contract will enable it to begin execution of its $157.5M FY 2014 capex budget.
Wednesday, Jul 102013, 6:08 AM
Friday, Jun 142013, 9:19 AMPremarket gainers: RH +13%. PXLW +11%. GRPN +8%. SCTY +8%. SYRG +6%. INVN +6%. ACAD +6%. SWHC +5%.
Losers: CEMP -14%. AMSC -9%. HIMX -7%. CLSN -5%. |Friday, Jun 142013, 9:19 AM| Comment!
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.