Tue, Sep. 8, 5:36 PM
Tue, Sep. 8, 12:41 PM
Fri, Sep. 4, 12:45 PM
Fri, Jul. 31, 12:46 PM
Fri, Jul. 31, 9:19 AM
Wed, Jul. 29, 9:13 AM
Wed, Jun. 10, 10:30 AM
- The EPA says greenhouse gases from aircraft endanger human health, a finding that begins a process to regulate greenhouse gas emissions from the aviation industry, the latest sector to be regulated under the Clean Air Act after cars, trucks and power plants.
- The endangerment finding allows the EPA to implement domestically a global carbon dioxide emissions standard being developed by the International Civil Aviation Organization; the airline industry favors a global standard over individual national standards since airlines operate all over the world and want to avoid a patchwork of rules and measures.
- GEVO, which has been working on renewable fuels for airplanes, is +3.5% today and +27% so far this month in anticipation of the EPA findings.
- Also higher are REGI +2%, SZYM +2.5%, AMRS +2%.
- Potential related stocks: AAL, UAL, SAVE, DAL, ALK, HA, SKYW, LUV, JBLU, VA
Tue, Jun. 9, 12:47 PM
Fri, May 29, 11:15 AM
- Ethanol companies rise while refiners are off session highs after the EPA announces its renewables fuels mandate.
- The EPA proposes requiring 15.93B gallons of total renewable fuel in 2014, 16.3B gallons in 2015, and 17.4B gallons in 2016, but the proposal for the total renewable fuel requirement falls short of levels Congress mandated, which were 20.5B gallons in 2015 and 22.5B gallons in 2016.
- Also, the EPA cuts 2016 corn-ethanol quota to 14B gallons; U.S. law required 15B gallons of ethanol for 2016.
- Ethanol exposed companies are mostly higher: ADM +0.7%, GPRE +4.2%, PEIX +4.1%, REX +1%, DAR +2%, CZZ -2.2%.
- Among refiners: HFC +0.3%, TSO +1.3%, VLO +0.8%, WNR +1.9%, PBF -1%.
- Biofuel related stocks: GEVO -8.3%, SZYM -2.7%, CDTI -1%, REGI -0.7%.
Tue, Apr. 14, 12:45 PM
Tue, Apr. 14, 10:07 AM
- Solazyme (SZYM +10.9%) opens sharply higher after announcing a strategic agreement with Flotek (FTK +2.8%) to develop and market advanced drilling fluid technologies, including globally commercializing and marketing the Flocapso drilling fluid additive.
- The two companies say lab and commercial testing show that the Flocapso additive will allow the use of water-based fluids in wells that previously required more expensive and invasive oil-based products.
- In addition, FTK will market SZYM's Encapso lubricant, the first commercially available, biodegradable encapsulated lubricant for drilling fluids in certain Middle Eastern markets.
Tue, Apr. 14, 9:12 AM
Wed, Mar. 11, 12:47 PM
Nov. 7, 2014, 12:52 PM
Nov. 6, 2014, 12:47 PM
Nov. 6, 2014, 12:28 PM
- Solazyme (SZYM -50.2%) shares are cut in half after the maker of renewable energy products reports below consensus Q3 earnings and is tagged with multiple analyst downgrades.
- Baird lowers its rating on SZYM to Neutral from Outperform, seeing challenges in ramping its Moema facility and likely will no longer reach cash flow breakeven in 2015, which limits its ability to deploy capital for expansion efforts, Baird says as it cuts its share price target to $9 from $16.
- Shares also are downgraded to Market Perform at Pacific Crest, which says SZYM has failed to achieve its cost goals as it struggles to ramp its new Brazil plant, and will now operate at sub-scale in an effort to preserve cash.
SZYM vs. ETF Alternatives
Solazyme Inc, along with its subsidiaries, is engaged in providing renewable oils and other bioproducts. It commercializes its products into target markets such as chemicals and fuels, nutrition, and skin and personal care.
Other News & PR