There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
PR Newswire (Aug 7, 2014)
PR Newswire (Jul 23, 2014)
Mon, Jan. 27, 6:07 PM
- In addition to missing FQ2 estimates, Seagate (STX) has guided on its CC for FQ3 revenue of "at least" $3.4B; that compares unfavorably with a consensus of $3.46B.
- Seagate estimates the total addressable market (TAM) for hard drives stood at 142M (same as Western Digital) in the December quarter, up by 2M Q/Q and 6M Y/Y. The company estimates its share was 40%, flat Q/Q but down from 43% a year ago.
- FQ2 gross margin was 28%, flat Q/Q and up 100 bps Y/Y. $1.5B was spent on buybacks, thanks to the Samsung deal.
- Enterprise shipments (higher-margin) +7% to 7.8M, desktops -12% to 19.2M, notebooks -2% to 16.9M, consumer electronics +20% to 6.7M, branded drives (also higher-margin) +3% to 6.2M.
- Western Digital (WDC) is ticking lower in sympathy with Seagate. The shoe was on the other foot last week.
- Seagate's earnings slides
Dec. 12, 2013, 9:11 AM
Oct. 18, 2013, 9:15 AM
TAM vs. ETF Alternatives
Taminco Corp is a pure play producer of alkylamines and alkylamine derivatives. Its products are applied in the manufacturing of everyday products primarily for the agriculture, water treatment, and oil & gas end-markets, among others.
Other News & PR