5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
PR Newswire (Mar 6, 2014)
PR Newswire (Feb 25, 2014)
PR Newswire (Feb 5, 2014)
GlobeNewswire (Jan 27, 2014)
PR Newswire (Dec 11, 2013)
PR Newswire (Dec 9, 2013)
TAM vs. ETF Alternatives
Taminco Corp is a pure play producer of alkylamines and alkylamine derivatives. Its products are applied in the manufacturing of everyday products primarily for the agriculture, water treatment, and oil & gas end-markets, among others.
Monday, Jan 276:07 PM
Monday, Jan 276:07 PM| Comment!
- In addition to missing FQ2 estimates, Seagate (STX) has guided on its CC for FQ3 revenue of "at least" $3.4B; that compares unfavorably with a consensus of $3.46B.
- Seagate estimates the total addressable market (TAM) for hard drives stood at 142M (same as Western Digital) in the December quarter, up by 2M Q/Q and 6M Y/Y. The company estimates its share was 40%, flat Q/Q but down from 43% a year ago.
- FQ2 gross margin was 28%, flat Q/Q and up 100 bps Y/Y. $1.5B was spent on buybacks, thanks to the Samsung deal.
- Enterprise shipments (higher-margin) +7% to 7.8M, desktops -12% to 19.2M, notebooks -2% to 16.9M, consumer electronics +20% to 6.7M, branded drives (also higher-margin) +3% to 6.2M.
- Western Digital (WDC) is ticking lower in sympathy with Seagate. The shoe was on the other foot last week.
- Seagate's earnings slides
Thursday, Dec 122013, 9:11 AM
Friday, Oct 182013, 9:15 AM