5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
PR Newswire (Mar 6, 2014)
PR Newswire (Feb 25, 2014)
PR Newswire (Feb 5, 2014)
GlobeNewswire (Jan 27, 2014)
PR Newswire (Dec 11, 2013)
PR Newswire (Dec 9, 2013)
TAM vs. ETF Alternatives
Taminco Corp is a pure play producer of alkylamines and alkylamine derivatives. Its products are applied in the manufacturing of everyday products primarily for the agriculture, water treatment, and oil & gas end-markets, among others.
Tuesday, Feb 257:38 AM
Monday, Jan 276:07 PM
Monday, Jan 276:07 PM| Comment!
- In addition to missing FQ2 estimates, Seagate (STX) has guided on its CC for FQ3 revenue of "at least" $3.4B; that compares unfavorably with a consensus of $3.46B.
- Seagate estimates the total addressable market (TAM) for hard drives stood at 142M (same as Western Digital) in the December quarter, up by 2M Q/Q and 6M Y/Y. The company estimates its share was 40%, flat Q/Q but down from 43% a year ago.
- FQ2 gross margin was 28%, flat Q/Q and up 100 bps Y/Y. $1.5B was spent on buybacks, thanks to the Samsung deal.
- Enterprise shipments (higher-margin) +7% to 7.8M, desktops -12% to 19.2M, notebooks -2% to 16.9M, consumer electronics +20% to 6.7M, branded drives (also higher-margin) +3% to 6.2M.
- Western Digital (WDC) is ticking lower in sympathy with Seagate. The shoe was on the other foot last week.
- Seagate's earnings slides
Monday, Dec 232013, 7:50 AM
Monday, Dec 232013, 7:50 AM| Comment!
- Taminco (TAM) agrees to acquire the formic acid business of Finland's Kemira (KMRSF) for €140M ($191M).
- TAM, which makes ingredients for crop protection products and animal feeds, says the deal will help it add new product lines; formic acid's uses include the preservation of animal feed and de-icing airport runways.
Thursday, Dec 122013, 9:11 AM
Thursday, Nov 72013, 12:44 PM
Friday, Oct 182013, 9:15 AM
Tuesday, Aug 132013, 6:25 AM
Wednesday, May 292013, 10:39 AMTaminco (TAM -0.1%) slips this morning after JPMorgan initiated the shares with a Neutral rating. The firm says that the company has stable margins, and over time will be able to expand at rates above its peers. However, the company has significant financial leverage, at around 60% net debt to total capital versus its peers, and assuming a FY14 estimated EV/EBITDA multiple of 7.0x, the stock appears fairly valued at its current price. |Wednesday, May 292013, 10:39 AM| Comment!