- As I saw the “margin of safety” moving my way I pounced on the shares of my only Mall-based REIT at a price of $64.29.
- I bought shares in Taubman because of its “Rolex-like” track record of dividend performance.
- For Mall REITs, it comes down to “survival of the fittest” and the key ingredient for that measurement is demographics.
- With around $450 million of cash to deploy, Taubman could lever up easily and take down a $1 billion whale with no problem.
- My decision to invest in this luxury-branded REIT had more to do with trusting management than trusting Mr. Market.