Yesterday, 1:11 PM
- Outflows from emerging market bond funds like EMB hit $4.2B in the week ending Aug. 26, the second-largest amount ever. Overall emerging market net outflows of $10.5B were the largest since early 2008.
- Turning back to bond funds alone, outflows over the last three weeks of $7.5B represent 2.9% of AUM, says Morgan Stanley.
- EMB is lower by more than 5% since a late-April high, and in stocks, EEM is off nearly 20% over the same time frame.
- Previously: Record amount pulled from stock funds (Aug. 28)
- ETFs: EEM, VWO, EDC, EMB, PCY, EDZ, TEI, SCHE, EDF, IEMG, ELD, EDD, EMLC, EMF, MSF, EEV, GHI, VWOB, ADRE, EMD, EDI, EET, EUM, MSD, GMM, SBW, DBEM, LEMB, EMAG, EEME, EBND, EMCR, FEM, XSOE, EWEM, HEEM, EMLB, EMSH, EMSA, EMFT, KEMP, FEMB, KLEM
Tue, Jul. 14, 12:00 PM
- Carlos Hardenberg will replace longtime emerging markets bull Mark Mobius as manager of Franklin Templeton's (NYSE:BEN) $2.9B Emerging Markets Trust, effective October 1. Mobius has run the fund for about 25 years.
- Mobius will remain chairman of the Templeton Emerging Markets Group, which has $39B in assets.
- The scorecard isn't reading pretty this year: The Templeton Emerging Market Income Fund (NYSE:TEI) is lower by 4%, and the Templeton Emerging Market ETF (NYSE:EMF) is down 8.7%. Vanguard's FTSE Emerging Markets ETF (NYSEARCA:VWO) is flat YTD. Eleven of the 13 largest funds managed by Mobius have underperformed benchmarks over the past five years.
Mon, Jun. 15, 8:36 AM
Fri, Mar. 13, 8:54 AM
Dec. 1, 2014, 12:56 PM
Sep. 15, 2014, 8:36 AM
Jun. 13, 2014, 10:51 AM
Mar. 14, 2014, 8:44 AM
Sep. 13, 2013, 10:45 AM
TEI vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR