5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
Business Wire (Tue, 12:25PM)
Business Wire (Apr 8, 2014)
Business Wire (Mar 31, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Mar 31, 2014)
Business Wire (Mar 20, 2014)
Business Wire (Mar 7, 2014)
Business Wire (Mar 4, 2014)
Business Wire (Mar 3, 2014)
Business Wire (Feb 28, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Feb 27, 2014)
Business Wire (Feb 24, 2014)
Business Wire (Feb 24, 2014)
Business Wire (Feb 21, 2014)
TEVA vs. ETF Alternatives
Tuesday, Apr 151:18 PM
Tuesday, Apr 158:09 AM
Tuesday, Apr 158:09 AM| Comment!
- Two teams of generic Copaxone makers, Sandoz/Momenta and Mylan/Natco ask the U.S. Supreme Court to allow a lower court ruling giving them the green light to market their offerings to take effect until it considers Teva's (TEVA) appeal in October.
- The companies state that Teva failed to show that it would suffer "irreparable harm" if the stay was not issued.
- The Court could announce its decision at any time.
- A ruling on the case might not happen until mid-2015.
- (NVS) (MYL) (MNTA)
Tuesday, Apr 810:07 AM
Monday, Apr 71:36 PM
Monday, Apr 71:36 PM| 6 Comments
- Lawyers for Teva Pharmaceutical Industries (TEVA -2%) ask the Supreme Court to stop a lower court ruling allowing generic Copaxone makers to launch offerings as early as May.
- The Court accepted the case on March 31 but will not hear oral arguments until October and a ruling might not happen until mid-2015.
- Teva believes it will suffer "irreparable harm" if other generics are allowed to market.
Monday, Apr 71:01 PM
Tuesday, Apr 111:35 AM
Tuesday, Apr 111:35 AM| Comment!
- A U.S. District Court rules for Eli Lilly (LLY -0.1%) in its patent case versus Teva Pharmaceutical Industries' (TEVA -0.8%) subsidiary Teva Parenteral Medicines. The suit pertains to Lilly's vitamin dosage regimen patent for Alimta (pemetrexed for injection).
- The court finds the patents valid and enforceable. The company's IP protection will continue until 2022.
Tuesday, Apr 18:28 AM
Tuesday, Apr 18:28 AM| Comment!
- A district judge has upheld the validity of a patent on Eli Lilly's (LLY) blockbuster Alimta lung-cancer drug, which generates sales of $2.6B a year.
- The decision will maintain the treatment's exclusivity until 2022, pending the outcome of any appeal.
- Companies on the losing side in the case include Teva (TEVA) and Fresenius Kabi (APCVZ). (PR)
Monday, Mar 3111:05 AM
Monday, Mar 3111:05 AM| 1 Comment
- Shares of generic drug maker Momenta Pharmaceuticals (MNTA -11.4%) are down in early trading after the Supreme Court agrees to hear Teva's (TEVA +4.7%) appeal of a lower court's ruling invalidating its Copaxone patents.
- Without a reversal the product's exclusivity expires May 24.
Wednesday, Mar 267:32 AM
Wednesday, Mar 267:32 AM| 1 Comment
- Amidst the flurry of regulatory warnings to Indian generic drug manufacturers, other firms will quickly step in to satisfy demand. Those who can demonstrate a strong emphasis on quality will have an edge.
- India's Ranbaxy Labs, the largest manufacturer by sales, had its products banned by the FDA in January because of repeated quality problems.
- (ACT) (TEVA) (MYL) (CVS) (WAG)
Monday, Mar 241:46 PM|Monday, Mar 241:46 PM| 2 Comments
Monday, Mar 2412:09 PM
Monday, Mar 2412:09 PM| Comment!
- No word on whether the Supreme Court will hear Teva Pharma's (TEVA -1.3%) patent case regarding the generic encroachment on its multiple sclerosis drug.
- Predictably, Teva is keen to have its case reviewed in light of the US Court of Appeals verdict in July invaliding several of Copaxone's patents.
- The case is, again, missing from the list of actionable cases published by the court today.
- If it declines to pick up the matter generics could debut as early as May.
Wednesday, Mar 198:40 AM|Wednesday, Mar 198:40 AM| 3 Comments
Tuesday, Mar 189:01 AM
Tuesday, Mar 189:01 AM| 1 Comment
- Novartis (NVS) is in advanced negotiations to acquire Israeli stem-cell treatments developer Gamida-Cell for up to $600M, Israel's Globes reports.
- Novartis would pay hundreds of millions of dollars up front and the rest in milestones for the company, which develops therapies for a variety of conditions, including blood cancers and solid tumors.
- Gamida shareholders Elbit Medical and Clal Biotechnology confirmed that a sizable offer had been made, but didn't disclose the suitor. Another investor is Teva (TEVA).
- While talks are advanced, Gamida hasn't ruled out the prospect of an IPO in New York instead, although the firm's valuation in a listing would be lower.
Tuesday, Mar 184:59 AM
Tuesday, Mar 184:59 AM| Comment!
- Pfizer (PFE) has sued to prevent India's Torrent Pharmaceuticals from selling a generic version of Viagra until the drug's patent expires in October 2019.
- Pfizer's action comes after Torrent filed to market a copycat form of the product before the patent ends.
- The stakes are high, as Viagra generated $1.88B in sales last year, or 3.6% of Pfizer's total revenue
- Pfizer has sued other firms over the same issue and has reached an agreement with Teva (TEVA) that would allow the Israeli company to start selling generic Viagra in December 2017 or earlier under certain circumstances.
Friday, Mar 1410:48 AM
Wednesday, Mar 1211:31 AM
Wednesday, Mar 1211:31 AM| 2 Comments
- Teva Pharmaceutical (TEVA) settles its illegal kickback scheme case with the US Department of Justice and the state of Illinois for paying $50,000 to a Chicago physician for prescribing its generic clozapine dating back to 2003. The payments and other incentives were made by IVAX which TEVA acquired in 2005.
- For a while, the physician, Dr. Michael Reinstein, was the largest prescriber of the product in the US.
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.