Nov. 26, 2013, 7:23 AM
- Tiffany (TIF) reports comparable-store sales in the U.S. rose 1% in Q3 to miss the consensus mark of 2%. Global comp store growth was 7% led by Asia.
- The company's gross margin rate increased 260 bps to 57.0% as product costs fell back and early price increases stuck.
- FY13 EPS is pegged by Tiffany at $3.65-$3.75, up from prior guidance of $3.50-$3.60 and above the consensus mark of $3.62. (PR)
- TIF +6.2% premarket.
Nov. 26, 2013, 7:03 AM
Nov. 26, 2013, 12:05 AM
Nov. 25, 2013, 5:30 PM
Nov. 21, 2013, 9:36 AM
Nov. 18, 2013, 3:45 PM
- The abrupt resignation of Tiffany (TIF -0.5%) CFO Patrick McGuiness last week isn't cause for major concern, advises several Wall Street firms.
- Both Citi and Stifel Nicolaus are out with comments indicating the action isn't related to any lurking financial issues at the luxury retailer.
- McGuiness will step down after Tiffany reports Q3 earnings on November 26.
Oct. 31, 2013, 12:58 PM| Comment!
Oct. 10, 2013, 7:54 AM| Comment!
Sep. 27, 2013, 11:06 AM
- Brean Capital initiates Signet Jewelers (SIG +1%) at Buy with a PT of $85.
- Analyst Eric Beder believes Signet is "poised to lever its dominant market positions in the United States and the United Kingdom in order to capture a greater piece of market share."
- The jeweler's bridal business and branded offerings will allow Signet to stand out from the pack of smaller competitors, Beder continues.
- Other jewelers are down on the day: TIF -0.6%, ZLC -1.8%
Sep. 10, 2013, 7:16 AM
Sep. 4, 2013, 1:59 PM
- Shares of Zales (ZLC +4.8%) continue to run after the jeweler's FQ4 beat. The stock is up 49.7% since the company announced results on Aug. 28.
- Diamond jewelers Blue Nile (NILE +3%), Tiffany (TIF +1.9%), and Signet (SIG +0.4%) are up on the day as well and are outperforming the broader S&P retail sector (+0.8%).
Aug. 28, 2013, 10:50 AM
- Retail traffic to U.S. stores has declined in 8 out of the last 10 weeks, according to data compiled from ShopperTrak.
- Though a few on-trend firms such as Michael Kors (KORS +0.1%) and Express (EXPR +8.5%) are still firing on all cylinders, and a heat wave in the Midwest has had an effect, the overall trend for the back-to-school season and holiday season looks weak.
- Analysts also think consumers are likely to pick up their reliance on deals as discretionary spending on housing and automobiles "crowds out" normal outlays.
- Related ETFs: XRT, RTH, PMR, RETL.
- Related stocks: APP, AEO, ANF, AZO, BBBY, BBY, BJ, CHS, COH, COST, DG, FDO, FL, GPS, HD, JCP, JNY, JWN, KSS, LTD, LULU, M, NDN, ODP, ORLY, PIR, RGS, RL, SKS, SPLS, TGT, TIF, TJX, UA, UNFI, URBN, VFC, WMT, WRC, ZLC.
Aug. 28, 2013, 9:43 AM
Aug. 27, 2013, 12:03 PM| 1 Comment
Aug. 27, 2013, 8:11 AM
- Tiffany (TIF) beat estimates in Q2 and raises guidance as the luxury retailer shows broad strength across regions and categories.
- Segment revenue: Americas +2% to $444M; Asia-Pacific +20% to $208M; Europe +11% to $111M.
- The retailer raises its FY13 EPS guidance to $3.50-$3.60, up from a prior range of $3.43-$3.53. (PR)
- TIF +2.3% premarket.
Aug. 27, 2013, 7:03 AM
TIF vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR