Fri, Jan. 16, 10:20 AM
- The sharp drop in Tiffany (TIF +1.3%) over the last week could bring M&A back into the equation.
- A European luxury conglomerate is seen as the most likely acquirer by some analysts.
- If LVMH Moet Hennessey (OTCPK:LVMHF) tried to put together a bid for Tiffany, it would have to scrap up about $15B ($111/share).
- The captivating buyout talk has helped push TIF up 1.1% today.
- Previously: The watch is on Swiss watch makers (Jan. 15 2015)
- Previously: Tiffany slides as currency swings play a factor (Jan. 12 2015)
- Previously: Tiffany reports negative holiday comp, lowers guidance (Jan. 12 2015)
May. 29, 2014, 5:22 PM
- Signet Jewelers (SIG) completes its $1.46B acquisition of Zale (ZLC) after winning approval from a majority of ZLC shareholders. overcoming opposition from some major shareholders (I, II) and proxy adviser Glass Lewis.
- SIG, already the largest U.S. operator of jewelry stores before the deal, is now nearly 3x bigger than the upscale Tiffany (TIF) in terms of U.S. sales, with a 14.6% market share.
- SIG says it expects the acquisition will increase its per-share earnings in the high single-digits on a percentage basis after a year, and generate cost savings of $100M after three years.
- SIG +3.5% in today's trade.
Mar. 25, 2013, 9:04 AMWill Warren Buffett snack on another company this year to go along with the mega-sized purchase of Heinz with partner 3G Capital? SA contributor John McCoy thinks J.M. Smucker (SJM), W.W. Grainger (GWW), and McCormick (MKC) all fit the Buffett profile with their wide moat and strong brands. A longer shot for a Berkshire Hathaway play could be Tiffany (TIF), right-sized for acquisition in a luxury sector Buffett has dabbled with in the past. | 4 Comments
Dec. 13, 2012, 11:32 AM
Sep. 23, 2011, 8:58 AMTiffany (TIF) may be a takeover target after ending its alliance with Swatch, and could hand investors an extra $3.4B in a deal, Bloomberg reports. Fifth Third believes Tiffany could command as much as a 40% premium in an acquisition. Merriman and Caris say Tiffany may lure interest from luxury retailer LVMH (MAGOF.PK). TIF -2.2% premarket. | 1 Comment
Jun. 7, 2011, 8:31 AM
TIF vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR