News • Thu, Nov. 20
News • Wed, Nov. 19
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Oct 10, 2014)
at MarketWatch.com (Sep 24, 2014)
There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
Technip Is A More Of A Solid, Long-Term Investment Than McDermott International
- My €85 target price is based on 13x PE, 6x EV/EBITDA and DCF valuation.
- A leader in the engineering, procurement and construction "EPC" industry.
- Stellar financial achievements reflected by 19.6% CAGR in EPS and 9% CAGR in Dividend.
The Beginning Of The End, Or The End Of The Beginning For Technip?
- Offshore energy specialists have sold off on project delays and margin shortfalls.
- Technip remains a global leader in gas processing, flexible subsea pipes, and offshore platform design.
- Orders should recover in 2015 as global oil and lng prices continue to support returns on new projects.
Thu, Nov. 20, 12:47 PM
- CGG (CGG -5.3%) earlier confirmed it was approached by Technip (OTCPK:TNHPF, OTCQX:TKPPY) with an unsolicited offer - which it rejected - but in the view of Goldman Sachs analyst Henry Tarr, there is not a strong strategic rationale for a deal, and possible synergies are limited.
- Diversification can, as in the Halliburton-Baker Hughes tie-up, have merit, but this deal looks more expansionist than defensive, WSJ's Helen Thomas reports, as CGG’s seismic imaging and exploration services are largely separate from the actual construction of projects.
- Technip seems to be making a long-dated bet on a recovery in activity, Sanford C. Bernstein analysts say, but with the volatile seismic cycle approaching another trough, a deal could put pressure on earnings as fleets lie idle.
Thu, Nov. 20, 7:38 AM
- Technip (OTCPK:TNHPF, OTCQX:TKPPY) says it has made a preliminary takeover offer of €1.46B ($1.83B) for smaller French oil services company CGG, which says it rejected the offer.
- Technip, which says it first approached CGG on Nov. 10, has offered €8.3/share in cash, a 27% premium over CGG’s closing share price yesterday.
- CGG -6.6% premarket after surging more than 22% late yesterday after word of the deal was reported.
Wed, Nov. 19, 3:39 PM
- French seismic surveyor CGG (CGG +24.3%) soars after Bloomberg reports it is weighing a sale of the company after being approached by Technip (OTCPK:TNHPF, OTCQX:TKPPY).
- CGG is said to have rejected an initial offer from Technip as too low, but talks are continuing.
- The French government, whose fund owns stakes in both CGG and Technip, reportedly is pushing for a combination of the companies.
Jan. 4, 2013, 8:28 AMHelix Energy (HLX) is turning into a takeover target after streamlining the company to focus on its expanding operations for offshore oilwell support, Bloomberg writes. Analysts say recent sales of its oil-and-gas unit and a pipe-laying business have made HLX more appealing to a potential suitor such as Aker Solutions, Technip or Diamond Offshore. | Comment!
May. 21, 2012, 4:53 PMShaw Group (SHAW) +1.2% AH after agreeing to sell its energy and chemicals business to Technip (TKPPY.PK) for ~$300M. Shaw says the move will allow it to pursue opportunities in its primary industries, which include providing engineering and facilities management services to oil companies and electric utilities. | Comment!
TKPPY vs. ETF Alternatives
Technip is a world leader in project management, engineering and construction for the energy industry.<br />From the deepest Subsea oil & gas developments to the largest and most complex Offshore and Onshore infrastructures, our 38,000 people are constantly offering the best solutions and most... More
Other News & PR