Yesterday, 9:55 AM
- Adjusted net income from continuing operations of $57.9M, or $0.65 per diluted share vs. $45.2M, or $0.48 per diluted share in the same period a year ago.
- Revenue by segment: Mobile Industries -7%; Process Industries +12%.
- Excluding charges, 2015 adjusted earnings per diluted share are expected to range from $2.65-$2.75.
- Q4 results
Yesterday, 7:38 AM
Oct. 28, 2014, 9:50 AM
- Adjusted net income from continuing operations of $69.9M, or $0.77 per diluted share vs. $38.1M, or $0.40 per diluted share in the same period a year ago.
- Repurchased 2.5M shares, bringing year-to-date repurchases to 5.1M shares.
- The company expects adjusted earnings per diluted share to be in a range of $2.45-$2.55, consistent with prior estimates at the midpoint, and expects to generate cash from operations of approximately $305M in 2014.
- Q3 results
Oct. 28, 2014, 7:28 AM
Jul. 31, 2014, 8:05 AM
- Timken (NYSE:TKR) reports Q2 consolidated net income of $62.7M compared to $82.8M Y/Y. Net income from continuing operations totaled $56.5M, or $0.61 per diluted share, vs. $55.3M, or $0.57 per diluted share, during the same period a year ago.
- Adjusted net income from continuing operations dropped to $59.4M from $61.2M Y/Y. Despite strong manufacturing performance and lower selling and administrative expenses, adjusted net income was down slightly due to unfavorable mix, an inventory valuation adjustment and an accrual for value-added tax during the quarter.
- Sales declined slightly to $789.2M from $791.3M during the same period a year ago, reflecting stronger demand in process industries, offset by lower shipments in mobile industries.
- Q2 earnings
Jul. 31, 2014, 7:27 AM
Jun. 19, 2014, 9:02 AM
- Timken (TKR) has raised its full-year EPS estimate to $0.15 a share, and intends to retain the company's $0.25 dividend in Q3, citing long term targets for growth, margins and capital allocation.
- The company has also authorized an additional share buyback of up to 10M shares, which expires in 2015. This adds on to the existing buyback authorization, which still has 1.5M shares remaining.
- TimkenSteel, currently a division of Timken, is still set to spinoff on June 30. TimkenSteel will be listed on the NYSE under the new ticker TMST.
Apr. 24, 2014, 7:40 AM
Jan. 30, 2014, 7:38 AM
Oct. 24, 2013, 11:47 AM
- Timken (TKR -10.6%) falls hard after missing estimates with its Q3 report.
- Weak end market demand contributed to a 7% Y/Y decline in revenues, while "lower volume and manufacturing utilization as well as unfavorable sales mix" caused net income to fall 35% from Q3 2012.
- "On a macro basis, economic growth across the world has been much slower than we and our customers envisioned, and our third-quarter results were below our expectations," CEO James Griffith says.
- Revenue growth by segment: Mobile Industries, -12%; Process Industries, -1%; Aerospace, -9%; Steel, -7%.
- FY13 outlook: EPS of $2.70-2.90 (versus previous guidance of $3.30-3.60) on a 13% Y/Y decline in revenue (versus previous guidance of a 10% decline). Consensus is $3.62/share. (PR)
Oct. 24, 2013, 8:08 AM
Jul. 25, 2013, 7:36 AM
Apr. 24, 2013, 8:04 AMMore on Timken's (TKR) Q1: Weak end market demand (particularly in oil and gas) contributed to a 23% Y/Y decrease in revenue and higher manufacturing costs hurt profits which already faced tough compares from Q1 2012. Orders improved as the quarter wore on leading the company to reaffirm its FY outlook ($3.75-4.05 per share). The obligatory plug for keeping the company's conglomerate structure intact: despite low levels of capacity utilization, double-digit operating margins were sustained thanks to the company's "integrated business model" and focus on "driving efficiencies across our business" (read: synergies). | Comment!
Apr. 24, 2013, 7:36 AM
Apr. 24, 2013, 12:05 AMNotable earnings before Wednesday’s open: ABB, ABX, ASH, ATI, AVY, BA, BYD, CFR, CKSW, COR, CP, CS, CVE, DPS, EDU, ELN, EMN, ERIC, F, FDML, GD, GLW, GRA, HCBK, HES, ICON, LAD, LL, LLY, LO, MDCO, MSI, MTH, NDAQ, NOC, NS, NVS, NYCB, OC, OCR, OSIS, PG, PLD, PX, RES, ROK, S, SO, SVU, TEL, TKR, TMO, TROW, TUP, USG, VLY, VMED, WAB, WHR, WLP, WM, WYN | Comment!
Apr. 23, 2013, 5:30 PMNotable earnings before Wednesday’s open: ABB, ABX, ASH, ATI, AVY, BA, BYD, CFR, CKSW, COR, CP, CS, CVE, DPS, EDU, ELN, EMN, ERIC, F, FDML, GD, GLW, GRA, HCBK, HES, ICON, LAD, LL, LLY, LO, MDCO, MSI, MTH, NDAQ, NOC, NS, NVS, NYCB, OC, OCR, OSIS, PG, PLD, PX, RES, ROK, S, SO, SVU, TEL, TKR, TMO, TROW, TUP, USG, VLY, VMED, WAB, WHR, WLP, WM, WYN | Comment!
TKR vs. ETF Alternatives
Timken Co manufactures and markets mechanical components, Timken bearings and engineered steel bars and tubes, as well as transmissions, gearboxes, chain and related products and services, support diversified markets worldwide.
Other News & PR