Quote & Headlines
5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
To learn more about Seeking Alpha PRO, click here.
TLLP vs. ETF Alternatives
Tesoro Logistics LP owns, operates, develops, and acquires assets involving oil and petroleum products. The company is based in San Antonio, Texas. Tesoro Logistics LP operates as a subsidiary of Tesoro Corporation. More
Monday, Nov 185:37 PM
Monday, Nov 184:35 PMTesoro Logisitcs acquires Los Angeles assets for $650M, offers 6.3M units
Monday, Nov 184:35 PM| Comment!
- Tesoro Logisitcs (TLLP) agrees to acquire Tesoro's (TSO) Los Angeles Logistics Assets, consisting of two marine terminals, a marine storage terminal, a products terminal, a petroleum coke handling and storage facility, more than 100 miles of active crude oil and refined products pipelines, and other related properties, for $650M.
- To pay for the deal, TLLP announces a public offering of 6.3M common units.
- Shares -3.6% AH.
Friday, Nov 1511:24 AMBarron's boosts HollyFrontier, Tesoro as cash gushers for investors
Friday, Nov 1511:24 AM| Comment!
- Barron's is bullish on refiners HollyFrontier (HFC -0.2%) and Tesoro (TSO -0.3%), each of which has operations near the heart of the shale oil boom that should benefit from shifting oil price dynamics.
- HFC will continue to see cost benefits from its proximity to plentiful shale oil, which can be even cheaper than WTI, and is investing to improve the efficiency of its refineries which should give it an edge over competitors as delivery bottlenecks from booming oilfields are resolved with new pipelines.
- Like HFC, TSO has refineries with geographic advantages, which Credit Suisse says are among the best-positioned in U.S. refining; also, TSO's valuation may not reflect the benefits that will result as it moves pipeline, storage and other assets into its Tesoro Logistics (TLLP) MLP.
Friday, Nov 84:51 PM
Friday, Nov 18:07 AMTesoro cleared to restart North Dakota line after spill
Friday, Nov 18:07 AM| Comment!
- Tesoro (TSO; TLLP) accepts a federal order requiring upgrades on its 200-mile High Plains oil pipeline system spanning North Dakota and Montana, clearing it to restart a section shut since a 20K-barrel spill discovered Sept. 29.
- A preliminary Department of Transportation analysis indicates that “a strong electrical discharge” such as lightning caused the pipe failure.
Tuesday, Oct 152:13 PMTesoro Logistics to replace part of leaking North Dakota pipeline
Tuesday, Oct 152:13 PM| Comment!
- Tesoro Logistics (TLLP; TSO) says it will repair and replace a 200-ft. section of the North Dakota pipeline that leaked ~20K barrels of Bakken oil onto a farm, and is developing a plan to reroute the pipeline.
- TLLP is declining to give any details of the plan, which will be shared with federal authorities; it is not commenting on the cause of the leak, and has not provided a date for the possible restart of the line.
Friday, Oct 115:48 PMFirst investigations point to corrosion in Tesoro North Dakota oil spill
Friday, Oct 115:48 PM| Comment!
- Corrosion may have led to the leak of 20K barrels of oil from a Tesoro Logistics (TLLP, TSO) pipeline in North Dakota, according to an initial investigation.
- The 20-year-old pipeline was carrying crude oil from the Bakken shale to the Stampede rail facility outside Columbus, N.D.; the spill was largely contained and clean-up efforts were estimated at ~$4M.
- The incident is raising questions about North Dakota's ability to handle its energy boom after it was not reported to the public for 12 days; the governor, who says he wasn’t even told about the spill until two days ago, says the state is now investigating its procedures for reporting spills.
Thursday, Oct 103:45 PMTesoro Logistics pipeline spills 20K barrels in North Dakota
Thursday, Oct 103:45 PM| Comment!
- A Tesoro Logistics (TLLP -1.5%) crude pipeline spilled ~20K barrels of oil in a rural field in North Dakota, in what appears to be the largest spill in the Bakken shale formation to date.
- The spill has been contained and has caused no injuries or known effects on water or wildlife, TLLP says; the company estimates clean-up will cost ~$4M but doesn't know how long it will take to make repairs.
Wednesday, Sep 182:32 PMEnergy MLPs pop on Fed no-taper news
Wednesday, Sep 182:32 PM| 8 Comments
- Energy MLPs are spiking higher after the Fed decides not to taper, ensuring a longer period of lower-cost capital: KMP +2.9%, KMI +4.1%, ETP +2.1%, WPZ +1.2%, WMB +1.1%, EPD +1.9%, PAA +1.2%, EEP +1.3%, MWE +3.1%, MMP +2.4%, ACMP +2.9%, APL +1.8%, DPM +2.4%, SXL +1.5%, BPL +1.1%, PBA +2.3%, TLLP +1.7%.
- Relevant ETFs: AMJ, AMLP, MLPG, MLPI, MLPN, MLPY, MLPL, MLPW, MLPS, YMLP, MLPA, EMLP, AMU, IMLP, MLPJ, ATMP, YMLI.
Wednesday, Sep 410:48 AMOppenheimer restarts coverage of energy MLPs
Wednesday, Sep 410:48 AM| Comment!
- Oppenheimer restarts coverage of energy MLPs, bullish on the asset class as a whole; the firm shows a bias in favor of investing in higher distribution growth, even if the yields are lower, and for owning general partners due to their incentive distribution rights structure.
- Started at Outperform: EQT Midstream (EQM +2.1%), Seadrill Partners (SDLP +0.7%), Tesoro Logistics (TLLP +1.6%), Memorial Production Partners (MEMP +2.4%), Western Gas Partners (WES +0.4%), Western Gas Equity Partners (WGP +0.7%).
- Started at Market Perform: Williams Partners (WPZ), Crosstex Energy (XTEX), ONEOK Partners (OKS), Genesis Energy (GEL).
- Also: New Source Energy (NSLP), Breitbrun Energy Partners (BBEP), LRR Energy (LRE), Mid-Con Energy Partners (MCEP).
Monday, Aug 54:48 PM
Monday, Jun 173:50 PMTesoro Logistics (TLLP +1.1%) agrees to sell its light petroleum products terminal in Idaho to settle the FTC's conditions for acquiring Chevron's (CVX) Northwest Products pipeline and terminal assets. The FTC had said the acquisition would give TLLP ownership of two of the three full service light petroleum terminals in Boise, significantly reducing competition for local terminal services. Tesoro (TSO) also +1.1%. |Monday, Jun 173:50 PM| Comment!
Monday, May 204:54 PMTesoro Logistics (TLLP) says it will buy Chevron’s (CVX) 760-mile Northwest Products pipeline system for $355M, less than the $400M previously expected, citing a March diesel fuel spill involving the system. CVX will retain liabilities and responsibility for the cleanup of the site near Willard, Utah, for two years. |Monday, May 204:54 PM| 1 Comment
Friday, May 172:21 PMTesoro (TSO +5.3%) says the FTC approved its purchase of BP's 240K bbl/day Carson, Calif., refinery and other assets. The commission found the deal would not substantially lessen competition among seven refiners for gasoline in California, the largest U.S. gasoline market. Tesoro Logistics (TLLP +3.5%) will acquire the first portion of Carson logistics assets from TSO for $640M. |Friday, May 172:21 PM| Comment!
Monday, May 65:41 PM
Thursday, May 22:58 PMEnterprise Products Partners (EPD), fresh off another strong quarter, stands atop Raymond James' list of energy stocks and MLPs to buy. Alliance Holdings (AHGP) and Alliance Resource Partners (ARLP) offer attractive distributions. Other favorites: VLO, APA, STR, TLLP, ACMP, QEP. |Thursday, May 22:58 PM| Comment!
- View all 1 replies
joeg1969:: Wow, thats almost as good as hitting the lotto!