There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
Yesterday, 7:39 AM
- Tesoro Logistics (TLLP, TSO) agrees to acquire the natural gas pipeline and processing business owned by QEP Resources (NYSE:QEP) in a $2.5B deal.
- TLLP says the deal will expand its scope to include natural gas in addition to oil, as QEP owns gas processing plants and oil and gas pipelines in Wyoming, Colorado, Utah and North Dakota.
- To help pay for the deal, plans a public offering of 19.35M common units.
- QEP says selling the midstream business would improve its financial position and help it pay down debt, as well as improve its competitive position through increased capital investment in its E&P assets.
- Williams Cos. (NYSE:WMB) and Questar (NYSE:STR) reportedly had submitted bids for the assets.
Mon, Aug. 18, 5:35 PM| Comment!
Wed, Jul. 30, 6:55 PM
- Tesoro's (NYSE:TSO) Q2 earnings missed Wall Street expectations but a 2013 expansion of California operations and improved synergies helped produce a 9% Y/Y increase in earnings from continuing operations.
- Q2 revenues rose 25% Y/Y to $11.1B, well above consensus, but cost of sales widened to $9.87B from $7.91B.
- Estimates FY 2014 capital spending, excluding Tesoro Logisitcs (NYSE:TLLP), of $625M, a 7% reduction from prior guidance; TLLP capex is now seen at ~$200M, up 25% reflecting expected spending related to the construction of the Connolly Gathering System and the Anacortes truck rack.
- Gross refining margin fell to $13.35/bbl from $14.75 during the prior-year period.
- Hikes its quarterly dividend to $0.30 from $0.25 and announces a $1B stock repurchase program.
Mon, Jun. 23, 5:58 PM
- Tesoro Logistics (TLLP) agrees to acquire three marketing terminals, a storage facility and a refined products pipeline from Tesoro (TSO) for $270M.
- The three refined products terminals are adjacent to TSO's refineries at Martinez, Calif., Anacortes, Wash., and Kenai, Alaska, with expected total throughput of 35K-45K bbl/day; the marine crude oil and heavy products storage facility has a capacity of 1.5M barrels and is located adjacent to TSO's Anacortes refinery.
- TLLP expects the deal to add $28M to annual EBITDA.
Tue, Jan. 7, 6:58 PM
- Emerging Wall Street consensus is that the MLP sector may have seen its best days, and the MLP analyst team at Merrill Lynch cautions in a new report that volatility may lurk in the sector.
- While Merrill believes the triple threat of increasing interest rates, volatile commodity pricing and overall MLP equity supply may combine to produce a choppy year, the firm upgrades three top names to buy to add to four top picks for 2014.
- The top four: Energy Transfer Partners (ETP), whose distributable cash flow as of Sept. 30 totaled $2.3B vs. $1.3B a year earlier; MarkWest Energy (MWE), who will be able to process 3.7B cf/day in the Marcellus shale within a few years; Plains All American (PAA), a top name to buy at most Wall Street firms; and Western Refining Logistics (WNRL), which has not yet paid a distribution.
- Upgraded to Buy: GLP, MMLP, TLLP.
- ETFs: AMJ, AMLP, MLPG, MLPI, MLPN, MLPY, MLPL, MLPW, MLPS, YMLP, MLPA, EMLP, AMU, IMLP, MLPJ, ATMP, YMLI.
Nov. 18, 2013, 5:37 PM
Nov. 18, 2013, 4:35 PM
- Tesoro Logisitcs (TLLP) agrees to acquire Tesoro's (TSO) Los Angeles Logistics Assets, consisting of two marine terminals, a marine storage terminal, a products terminal, a petroleum coke handling and storage facility, more than 100 miles of active crude oil and refined products pipelines, and other related properties, for $650M.
- To pay for the deal, TLLP announces a public offering of 6.3M common units.
- Shares -3.6% AH.
Nov. 15, 2013, 11:24 AM
- Barron's is bullish on refiners HollyFrontier (HFC -0.2%) and Tesoro (TSO -0.3%), each of which has operations near the heart of the shale oil boom that should benefit from shifting oil price dynamics.
- HFC will continue to see cost benefits from its proximity to plentiful shale oil, which can be even cheaper than WTI, and is investing to improve the efficiency of its refineries which should give it an edge over competitors as delivery bottlenecks from booming oilfields are resolved with new pipelines.
- Like HFC, TSO has refineries with geographic advantages, which Credit Suisse says are among the best-positioned in U.S. refining; also, TSO's valuation may not reflect the benefits that will result as it moves pipeline, storage and other assets into its Tesoro Logistics (TLLP) MLP.
Nov. 8, 2013, 4:51 PM| Comment!
Nov. 1, 2013, 8:07 AM
- Tesoro (TSO; TLLP) accepts a federal order requiring upgrades on its 200-mile High Plains oil pipeline system spanning North Dakota and Montana, clearing it to restart a section shut since a 20K-barrel spill discovered Sept. 29.
- A preliminary Department of Transportation analysis indicates that “a strong electrical discharge” such as lightning caused the pipe failure.
Oct. 15, 2013, 2:13 PM
- Tesoro Logistics (TLLP; TSO) says it will repair and replace a 200-ft. section of the North Dakota pipeline that leaked ~20K barrels of Bakken oil onto a farm, and is developing a plan to reroute the pipeline.
- TLLP is declining to give any details of the plan, which will be shared with federal authorities; it is not commenting on the cause of the leak, and has not provided a date for the possible restart of the line.
Oct. 11, 2013, 5:48 PM
- Corrosion may have led to the leak of 20K barrels of oil from a Tesoro Logistics (TLLP, TSO) pipeline in North Dakota, according to an initial investigation.
- The 20-year-old pipeline was carrying crude oil from the Bakken shale to the Stampede rail facility outside Columbus, N.D.; the spill was largely contained and clean-up efforts were estimated at ~$4M.
- The incident is raising questions about North Dakota's ability to handle its energy boom after it was not reported to the public for 12 days; the governor, who says he wasn’t even told about the spill until two days ago, says the state is now investigating its procedures for reporting spills.
Oct. 10, 2013, 3:45 PM
- A Tesoro Logistics (TLLP -1.5%) crude pipeline spilled ~20K barrels of oil in a rural field in North Dakota, in what appears to be the largest spill in the Bakken shale formation to date.
- The spill has been contained and has caused no injuries or known effects on water or wildlife, TLLP says; the company estimates clean-up will cost ~$4M but doesn't know how long it will take to make repairs.
Sep. 18, 2013, 2:32 PM
- Energy MLPs are spiking higher after the Fed decides not to taper, ensuring a longer period of lower-cost capital: KMP +2.9%, KMI +4.1%, ETP +2.1%, WPZ +1.2%, WMB +1.1%, EPD +1.9%, PAA +1.2%, EEP +1.3%, MWE +3.1%, MMP +2.4%, ACMP +2.9%, APL +1.8%, DPM +2.4%, SXL +1.5%, BPL +1.1%, PBA +2.3%, TLLP +1.7%.
- Relevant ETFs: AMJ, AMLP, MLPG, MLPI, MLPN, MLPY, MLPL, MLPW, MLPS, YMLP, MLPA, EMLP, AMU, IMLP, MLPJ, ATMP, YMLI.
Sep. 4, 2013, 10:48 AM
- Oppenheimer restarts coverage of energy MLPs, bullish on the asset class as a whole; the firm shows a bias in favor of investing in higher distribution growth, even if the yields are lower, and for owning general partners due to their incentive distribution rights structure.
- Started at Outperform: EQT Midstream (EQM +2.1%), Seadrill Partners (SDLP +0.7%), Tesoro Logistics (TLLP +1.6%), Memorial Production Partners (MEMP +2.4%), Western Gas Partners (WES +0.4%), Western Gas Equity Partners (WGP +0.7%).
- Started at Market Perform: Williams Partners (WPZ), Crosstex Energy (XTEX), ONEOK Partners (OKS), Genesis Energy (GEL).
- Also: New Source Energy (NSLP), Breitbrun Energy Partners (BBEP), LRR Energy (LRE), Mid-Con Energy Partners (MCEP).
Aug. 5, 2013, 4:48 PM
TLLP vs. ETF Alternatives
Tesoro Logistics LP was formed by Tesoro to own, operate, develop and acquire crude oil and refined products logistics assets. It is organized into the following two segments: Crude Oil Gathering segment & Terminalling, Transportation and Storage segment.
Other News & PR