5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
Business Wire (Fri, 3:37PM)
Business Wire (Jan 13, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Dec 29, 2011)
at MarketWatch.com (Feb 4, 2011)
TLP vs. ETF Alternatives
TransMontaigne Partners L.P. provides integrated terminaling, storage, transportation and related services for customers engaged in the distribution and marketing of petroleum products, crude oil, chemicals, fertilizers and other liquid products.
Tuesday, Mar 118:16 AM|Tuesday, Mar 118:16 AM| Comment!
Friday, Dec 202013, 2:15 PM
Friday, Dec 202013, 2:15 PM| Comment!
- Moving forward with its plan to exit noncore businesses, Morgan Stanley (MS +0.4%) sells the Global Merchandising unit of its Commodities division to a subsidiary of Rosneft Oil for an undisclosed amount. The sale is expected to close in 2014 H2 and is not expected to have a material impact on Morgan's financial results.
- Morgan says it's looking at options for its stake in TransMontaigne Partners (TLP +1.2%), which isn't part of the Rosneft deal.
- Previous coverage
- Press release
Wednesday, Dec 112013, 5:43 PM
Wednesday, Dec 112013, 5:43 PM| 1 Comment
- Morgan Stanley (MS) has launched a formal effort to sell its controlling stake in U.S. oil terminal and transport business TransMontaigne (TLP), Reuters reports, in what appears to be its first definitive step toward disassembling its vast energy trading group.
- The TransMontaigne MLP includes 48 fuel terminals with nearly 24M barrels of storage capacity on the Gulf coast, in Florida, the Midwest and across the Southeast, including along the strategically important Colonial Pipeline that ships gasoline and diesel from the Gulf to the East Coast.
- Stanley's trading division accounts for ~60% of the MLP's revenues due to long-term contracts to use its terminals, and some of these contracts could be sold as part of the package.
- A number of potential buyers including Qatar, a Chinese oil major and Russia's Rosneft have been rumored in the past year, but this report says likely potential buyers include MLP subsidiaries of major refiners or midstream companies.
Wednesday, Nov 202013, 3:44 PM
Wednesday, Nov 202013, 3:44 PM| 2 Comments
- Morgan Stanley (MS -0.3%) reportedly is in talks to sell its global oil business to top Russian oil producer Rosneft (RNFTF), as the bank continues to explore options for the commodities business amid falling revenue and rising scrutiny from regulators who are reviewing banks’ activities in the sector.
- Stanley's commodity business posted a return on equity of less than 5% in 2012, the lowest among its trading businesses, and the oil unit represents a major part of that.
- Any sale probably would include TransMontaigne (TLP +1.2%), a petroleum and chemical transportation and storage company, and the bank’s 49% stake in Heidmar Inc., which manages ~100 oil and chemical tankers.
Monday, Oct 72013, 4:47 PM
Monday, Oct 72013, 4:47 PM| 8 Comments
- Kinder Morgan Partners (KMP) says commercial operations are underway at phase one of its 185-acre Battleground Oil Specialty Terminal project on the Houston Ship Channel.
- Twenty of the 51 storage tanks built during phase one construction are being placed into service this month, and the remaining tanks will come online during the next six months; a two-berth ship dock and 12 barge berths also are scheduled to be in service this month.
- The project is a JV of operator KMP and TransMontaigne Partners (TLP), the near-$500M terminal is fully subscribed for a total capacity of 7.1M barrels - including the project's phase two expansion - and can handle ultra low sulfur diesel, residual fuels and other black oil terminal services.
Tuesday, Aug 62013, 10:04 AM
Tuesday, Aug 62013, 10:04 AM| Comment!
- Transmontaigne Partners (TLP): Q2 EPS of $0.47 misses by $0.12.
- Revenue of $38.7M misses by $2.22M.
Wednesday, Jun 52013, 12:47 PMTransMontaigne Partners (TLP -1.3%) announces a 900K-barrel expansion at the Battleground Oil Specialty Terminal under construction on the Houston Ship Channel. The ~$54M expansion is supported by a long-term leased storage and handling services contract with Morgan Stanley Capital. Kinder Morgan Partners (KMP -2.8%) owns a 55% stake in the complex, with TLP holding the remainder. |Wednesday, Jun 52013, 12:47 PM| Comment!
Tuesday, May 72013, 8:37 AM
Monday, Dec 242012, 10:56 AMTransmontaigne Partners (TLP +1%) is upgraded to Buy at Stifel Nicolaus, which believes TLP's recent acquisition of a 42.5% stake in the Battleground Oil Specialty Terminal, developer of a new oil terminal facility on the Houston Ship Channel, will provide investors with a better line of sight for growth in cash flows and ultimately distributions. |Monday, Dec 242012, 10:56 AM| Comment!
Monday, Jul 162012, 10:12 AM