SA News • Wed, Jun. 4
There are no Focus articles on TLTD.
There are no Transcripts on TLTD.
Wed, Jun. 4, 1:14 PM
- The SPDR MSCI EAFE Quality Mix ETF (QEFA), The SPDR MSCI Emerging Markets Quality Mix ETF (QEMM) and The SPDR MSCI World Quality Mix ETF (QWLD) will each screen for value, low volatility and quality stocks.
- The SPDR Euro Stoxx Small Cap ETF (SMEZ) will also screen for quality companies that offer low volatility and value, but in a niche market sector.
- Other global value ETFs: EFV, GVAL, EVAL, TLTD, TLTE
Wed, Jan. 22, 3:45 PM
- The Market Vectors MSCI International Quality ETF (QXUS) and the MSCI International Quality Dividend ETF (QDXU) will both track the MSCI ACWI ex-U.S. Index which includes large and mid-cap stocks across 42 countries. Both funds have expense ratios of 0.45%.
- Related ETFs: EFA, VEA, EFV, PDN, IEFA, EFAV, DZK, DWM, PIZ, EFG, DTH, DPK, GWX, URTH, EFZ, EFU, IDLV, DBEF, PXF, MFLA, EFO, ADRD, TLTD, FNDF, IFSM, IDHQ, FWDI, FDTS, FDT, IDHB, IDV, SDIV, DWX, PID, DTN, LVL, FGD, DOO, DOL, DEW, IDOG, HGI, DVYA, IQDF, IQDY, IQDE, WDIV, FIEG
- The Market Vectors MSCI Emerging Markets Quality ETF (QEM) and the MSCI Emerging Markets Quality Dividend ETF will both track the MSCI Emerging Markets High Dividend Yield Index which includes large and mid-cap stocks across 19 emerging market countries.
- Related ETFs: EEM, VWO, DEM, EDC, DGS, EDZ, EEMV, EEB, SCHE, EDIV, IEMG, DVYE, BIK, EEV, EWX, BKF, PIE, CEW, ADRE, HILO, EUM, FNI, EET, GMM, PXH, EEMS, BBRC, EELV, FEMS, EEME, EMDD, BICK, DBEM, EMCR, FEM, EWEM, EVAL, JEM, EMBB, EMLB, TLTE, EEHB, EGRW, FNDE, EMSA, EMHD, EMDR, EMFT
Thu, Jan. 2, 3:57 PM
- Mebane Faber updates countries' cyclically-adjusted price-earnings ratios (CAPE) for the start of the year, and Greece, Russia, Ireland, Argentina, Hungary, Jordan, Austria, and Lebanon make the list of the cheapest - all under 10.
- How did the CAPE do in 2013? If you bought the 5 highest-priced countries - Peru, Colombia, Indonesia, Mexico, and Chile - you would have lost 17.8%. If you bought the 5 cheapest - Greece, Ireland, Argentina, Russia, and Italy - you would have gained 20.7%.
- 2014's full list is here (subscription required).
- Related ETFs: EFA, VEA, EFV, PDN, EFAV, IEFA, DWM, DZK, EFG, PIZ, DTH, DPK, GWX, EFZ, URTH, EFU, IDLV, DBEF, MFLA, EFO, PXF, ADRD, TLTD, IFSM, IDHQ, FNDF, FWDI, FDT, FDTS, IDHB
Jun. 5, 2013, 11:38 AMThere's another index change at Vanguard, with the firm's Tax-Managed International Fund (VEA) now tracking the FTSE Developed ex-North America Index instead of the MSCI EAFE Index (EFA). Vanguard began its shift away from MSCI last fall, causing a cratering in the shares, but they've retaken all of the lost ground. | Comment!
Mar. 18, 2013, 8:47 AMWhile the currency-hedged Japan ETF has been the hit of the season, investors exposed more generally to overseas stocks - say through the EFA - also have an ETF to protect against sliding foreign currencies, the DBA ETF Trust (DBEF). The fund provides the exact same exposure as the EFA, but hedges against currency movement. When the dollar shines, so will the fund, +10.6% YTD vs. 5.3% for EFA. | Comment!
Feb. 12, 2013, 10:46 AMThe Dogs of the Dow system doesn't work that well, according to the Leuthold Group, which instead suggests the "bridesmaid" strategy - buying the previous year's 2nd best performing sector. It would have returned 15% annualized over the past 40 years. 2012's runner-up and 2013's buy: Foreign stocks (EFA). | 1 Comment
Jan. 7, 2013, 12:18 PMAnother new launch quickly attracting assets is the iShares Core MSCI EAFE ETF (IEFA). With $280M AUM, the fund has an expense ratio of 14 bps vs. 34 bps for the (also iShares) MSCI EAFE ETF (EFA), with $38B AUM. The IEFA holds about triple the number of stocks as the EFA and has returned 7.9% since late-October inception, about 100 bps better than its big brother. | Comment!
Dec. 21, 2012, 9:57 AMLaunched in October, iShares' Core MSCI EAFE ETF (IEFA) has pulled in more than $200M in AUM. The fund charges just 14 basis points, less than the 34 of its big brother, the EFA. It also holds 2,512 names as opposed to the 912 held by EFA. Scoreboard: IEFA +7.23%, EFA +6.58% since the October 23 inception. | Comment!
Dec. 13, 2012, 12:04 PMLatin American stocks (ILF) have outperformed much of the developed world for most of the last decade, but that could be about to change. Using EFA as a proxy for developed markets, ex-North America, J.C. Parets sees a huge base and potential bottom formed in the EFA/ILF ratio. Bulls on beaten down spots like Japan and Europe may have reason to cheer in coming years. | Comment!
Nov. 29, 2012, 1:12 PMThe MSCI EAFE Index (EFA +0.8%) - representing international stocks - continues a 3-month run of outperformance over the S&P 500 in which it's gained nearly 6% while U.S. big caps have been about flat. Now up 12.2% YTD, the EFA has pulled nearly even with the S&P after falling way behind this summer. | Comment!
Nov. 1, 2012, 11:26 AMLong-term investors looking for international equity exposure might find a better deal in the new sister fund of the MSCI EAFE Index (EFA). The Core MSCI EAFE ETF (IEFA) has a lower annual fee, 0.14% vs. 0.34%, and includes a market-weighting of small caps - EFA and others lop them off. Of course cost is more than the annual fee, and EFA's $37B AUM assures better liquidity for the moment. | Comment!
Oct. 12, 2012, 3:28 PM
There are no StockTalks on this stock yet.
TLTD vs. ETF Alternatives
FlexShares® Morningstar Developed Markets ex-US Factor Tilt Index ETF seeks to enhance exposure to the broad international stock market by tilting the portfolio toward the long-term growth potential of the small cap and value segments. It seeks to provide investors with an expanded opportunity set of developed market stocks from outside the U.S. to help meet their longer term capital appreciation needs. Designed to replace traditional market-weighted international equity products, the Fund applies a tilt to smaller cap and value stocks using a multi-factor modeling approach that attempts to enhance portfolio risk/return characteristics. Realized capital gains and income dividends are anticipated to be declared and paid at least annually.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Find the right ETFs for your portfolio: Seeking Alpha's new ETF Hub
- In Your Portfolio: A Guide to International Equity ETFs, Core Building Blocks: A Guide to ETFs That Divide the U.S. Stock Market by Market Cap
- Asset Class Performance: Global & Regions, Market Cap
Other News & PR