Thu, Mar. 5, 7:31 AM
Fri, Feb. 27, 5:44 PM
Thu, Feb. 26, 8:41 AM
Tue, Feb. 17, 4:20 PM
Mon, Feb. 9, 12:21 PM
- The following are healthcare companies whose after-tax margins have expanded the past three quarters and trade at least 500K shares per day:
- (ACOR -0.7%)(BCR -1.5%)(BIIB -0.2%)(CAH -1.2%)(CPHD +1.3%)(EVHC -1.6%)(ILMN +0.7%)(JAZZ -1.7%)(LCI +7.3%)(MNK -0.5%)(SHPG -2.9%)(SYK -0.2%)(TMO -0.7%)(UTHR +1.4%)(VRX).
- This is not a list of "Buy" recommendations, but rather a targeted list of firms that may be suitable for more in-depth research.
Mon, Feb. 9, 9:59 AM| Mon, Feb. 9, 9:59 AM | Comment!
Thu, Jan. 29, 7:09 AM
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (NYSE:TMO) Q4 results ($M): Total Revenues: 4,492.8 (+29.6%); Life Sciences Solutions: 1,185.2 (+518.3); Analytical Instruments: 902.4 (+1.7%); Specialty Diagnostics: 863.0 (+3.6%); Lab Products & Services: 1,682,9 (+1.8%).
- COGS: 2,290.8 (+18.6%); R&D Expense: 182.5 (+74.3%); SG&A Expense: 1,007.4 (+31.9%); Net Income: 601.2 (+75.7%); EPS: 1.49 (+62.0%); CF Ops: 953.7 (+30.9%); Quick Assets: 1,352.0 (-76.8%).
- Gross Profit: 2,202.0 (+43.4%); COGS: 51.0% (-8.5%); Gross Margin: 49.0% (+10.6%); Operating Earnings: 1,012.1 (+51.7%); Operating Earnings Yield: 22.5% (+17.1%); Net Earnings Yield: 13.4% (+35.6%).
- 2015 Guidance will be provided during the conference call this morning.
Thu, Jan. 29, 6:03 AM
Wed, Jan. 21, 1:24 PM
Nov. 25, 2014, 2:46 PM
- "Not surprisingly, billionaires reduced their energy allocations (NYSEARCA:XLE) during Q3," says Direxion, unveiling the quarterly rebalance for the iBillionaire Index (which serves as the benchmark for the IBLN ETF). Attention was instead shifted to healthcare (NYSEARCA:XLV) and materials (NYSEARCA:XLB), with companies like Humana (NYSE:HUM) and Monsanto (NYSE:MON).
- Also added to the index: TMO, GM, FB, CBS, GOOG, MAS, APD, DAL, NOV, WHR, THC, ABBV.
- Dropped from the index: AIG, MCK, CTSH, MSI, RIG, CI, APC, GPS, MSFT, CMCSA, NFLX, MHFI, WMB, ICE.
- Outlying sectors: Consumer Discretionary (NYSEARCA:XLY) makes up 23.33% of the iBillionaire Index vs. 11.68% for the S&P 500, and Industrials (NYSEARCA:XLI) and financials (NYSEARCA:XLF) make up just 6.67% each of the index vs. 10.44 and 16.30 of the S&P 500, respectively. Consumer Staples (NYSEARCA:XLP) have zero representation in the index vs. 9.7% in the S&P 500.
- Previously: Direxion launched an ETF with iBillionaire today
Nov. 7, 2014, 8:42 AM
Oct. 22, 2014, 7:53 AM
- Thermo Fisher (TMO +3.4%) Q3 results: Revenues: $4,171.4M (+30.7%); Life Sciences: $1,071.9M (+541.1%), Analytical Instruments: $786.5M (+2.8%), Specialty Diagostics: $811.8M (+6.9%), Laboratory Products & Services: $1,628.7 (+2.1%); COGS: $2127M (+18.9%); R&D Expense: $175.2M (+82.7%); SG&A: $976.6M (+36.9%); Operating Income: $640.3M (+63.3%); Net Income: $471.6M (+48.5%); EPS: $1.17 (+36.0%); Quick Assets: $534.3M (-89.9%); CF Ops: $1,665.9M (+29.9%).
- 2014 Guidance: Revenues: $16.74B - $16.82B from $16.86B - 16.98B; EPS: $6.87 - $6.95 from $6.85 - $6.97.
Oct. 22, 2014, 6:03 AM
Oct. 21, 2014, 5:30 PM
Oct. 1, 2014, 10:18 AM
Sep. 25, 2014, 8:56 AM
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (NYSE:TMO) enters into an agreement with GlaxoSmithKline (NYSE:GSK) and Pfizer (NYSE:PFE) to develop a universal next-generation sequencing (NGS) oncology test for solid tumors that will serve as a companion diagnostic for multiple drug programs.
- The test will be based on Thermo's Ion Personal Genome Machine Dx Platform, Ion AmpliSeq technology and content from the Oncomine Cancer Research Panel. Its value proposition is the ability to analyze hundreds of genes simultaneously thereby enabling clinicians to more fully understand the genetic profile of a tumor. Current genomic analysis technologies interrogate only one or a few genetic markers at a time.
- Financial terms of the collaboration are undisclosed.
TMO vs. ETF Alternatives
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc offers analytical instruments, laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables, reagents, chemicals, and supplies to pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs.
Other News & PR