May. 21, 2014, 8:16 AM| Comment!
Apr. 23, 2014, 6:03 AM| Comment!
Apr. 23, 2014, 12:05 AM| Comment!
Apr. 22, 2014, 5:30 PM| Comment!
Feb. 27, 2014, 8:43 AM| Comment!
Jan. 30, 2014, 6:05 AM| Comment!
Jan. 16, 2014, 8:45 AM
- China's Commerce Ministry has conditionally approved Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO) $13.6B acquisition of Life Technologies (LIFE).
- Thermo Fisher will have to reduce the prices of two types of its products it sells in the country, and divest its cell culture and gene adjustment businesses. Thermo Fisher will also have to sell its 51% holding in China's Lanzhou National Hyclone Bio-engineering.
Jan. 10, 2014, 2:31 PM
- UBS lifts its price targets on Thermo Fisher (TMO +0.3%) and Agilent (A +0.5%) to $127 (from $107) and to $65 (from $57), respectively.
- Analyst Daniel Arias likes the "financial merits of [the TMO] LIFE deal (est 20% accretion in 2014) and TMO's competitive position going forward." New target is 18X forward estimates.
- As for A, the company "should benefit from the gradual macro improvement [while] enthusiasm for the spinoff of EMG appears high, as units comprising the new A performed well in Q4 and appear to be taking share."
Jan. 6, 2014, 7:24 AM
- GE Healthcare (GE) has agreed to acquire various businesses from Thermo Fisher (TMO) for $1.06B in a deal that will allow the conglomerate to expand its offering of technologies for cell biology research and cell therapy, and for the manufacture of medicines and vaccines.
- The operations that GE is buying are Thermo's HyClone cell culture, gene modulation and magnetic beads businesses.
- Thermo Fisher is selling the operations in order to assuage EU antitrust concerns about the company's acquisition of Life Technologies (LIFE). (PR)
Nov. 26, 2013, 7:14 AM
- EU competition regulators have approved Thermo Fisher Scientific's (TMO) $13.6B acquisition of of Life Technologies (LIFE) after the U.S. company agreed to sell three subsidiaries to assuage antitrust fears.
- Themo will sell units that produce and supply media andsera for cell culture, gene silencing products, and polymer-based magnetic beads. (PR)
Nov. 15, 2013, 7:28 AM| Comment!
Nov. 7, 2013, 5:25 PM| Comment!
Oct. 23, 2013, 1:37 PM
- Shares of Thermo Fisher (TMO +0.9%) buck a weak tape to trade higher after the company turned in solid Q3 results.
- Adjusted EPS grew 9% during the period and revenue of $3.19B is a record.
- Operating margin expansion of 70 bps was driven by the "leveraging [of the] PPI Business System."
- Revenue growth by segment: Analytical Technologies, +1% (profit fell in the business, as operating margins contracted); Specialty Diagnostics, +7% (operating income +20%); Laboratory Products and Services, +4%.
- FY13 outlook: Revenue of $12.87-12.95B (versus previous guidance of $12.83-12.95B) and EPS of $5.31-5.39 (versus previous guidance of $5.29-5.39). (PR)
Oct. 23, 2013, 6:06 AM
Oct. 23, 2013, 12:05 AM
Oct. 22, 2013, 5:30 PM
TMO vs. ETF Alternatives
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc offers analytical instruments, laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables, reagents, chemicals, and supplies to pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs.
Other News & PR