Wed, Jun. 24, 3:05 PM
- After following markets lower much of the day, lab test equipment makers Agilent (A +0.9%) and Thermo Fisher (TMO +0.9%) have moved higher over the last hour of trading. Vague M&A rumors involving the companies appear to be the trigger.
- Agilent's 2014 spinoff of its electronic test/measurement equipment ops (now known as Keysight Technologies) has heightened speculation what's left of the company could be acquired.
Wed, May 13, 7:44 AM
- Pall Corp. (NYSE:PLL) has agreed to be acquired by Danaher (NYSE:DHR) for $127.20 per share in cash, or $13.8B including assumed debt and net of acquired cash.
- The offer represents approximately a 28% premium to Pall's closing price of $99.31 on Monday, the last trading day prior to speculation about a possible transaction.
- The deal is expected to close in 2015.
- PLL +4.8%; DHR +7% premarket
- Previously: Jefferies: Danaher has upper hand to acquire Pall (May. 12 2015)
- Previously: WSJ: Danaher, Thermo Fisher compete to acquire Pall Corp. (May. 11 2015)
Mon, May 11, 6:23 PM
- Pall Corp. (NYSE:PLL) +7.1% AH after WSJ reports it is in the late stages of an auction that could value the company at well north of $10B, with potential buyers Danaher (NYSE:DHR) and Thermo Fisher Scientific (NYSE:TMO) said to be vying for a successful deal.
- Pall's market value at today’s close is $10.6B; given prices typically paid in takeovers, the report says a deal for the maker of water filtration and purification systems could be valued at ~$13B or more.
Fri, Feb. 27, 5:44 PM
Aug. 5, 2013, 12:22 PM
- Enzo Biochem (ENZ +8.6%) jumps after a Federal Court Judge upholds the jury verdict issued in November, 2012, which awarded the drug developer $48.6M in damages as a result of patent infringement by Applera Corporation, which is now Life Technologies (LIFE -0.1%).
- The court ruled initially that LIFE infringed on ENZ's patent covering pioneering technologies relating to compounds used in DNA sequencing systems to read genetic code.
- The Judge also denied LIFE's request for a finding that Enzo's infringement claims are barred by laches and/or equitable estoppel and its motion for a new trial, as well as ENZ's request for reconsideration seeking additional damages.
- The ruling opens the way for ENZ to recover prejudgment interest on the damages award, which should exceed $25M in addition to the judgment.
Jun. 7, 2013, 8:17 AM
May 22, 2013, 3:49 PMThermo Fisher (TMO -1.5%) rolls over in a bout of profit taking today after touching a new 52-week high earlier today. The company reaffirmed its FY13 EPS guidance at an analyst meeting today, saying it expects to earn between $5.27 and $5.39 per share, bracketing consensus EPS estimates of $5.34. Revenues are still expected to be $12.84B - $13B, in line with the consensus of $12.94B. | May 22, 2013, 3:49 PM | Comment!
Apr. 16, 2013, 5:30 PM
Apr. 16, 2013, 11:58 AM
Apr. 15, 2013, 12:50 PM
Apr. 15, 2013, 9:15 AMPremarket gainers: S +16%. SVA +13%. BCRX +10%. LIFE +8%. NFP +7%. MGT +7%. TMO +6%. THRX +5%. NVAX +5%.
Losers: AAU -15%. MTL -10%. AUQ -11%. HMY -9%. NGD -8%. CEF -8%. SLW -8%. SAND -9%. KGC -7%. AUY -7%. GOLD -7%. MUX -7%. DSCO -7%. IAG -6%. SVM -6%. GG -6%. PAAS -6%. EGO -6%. AU -5%. CDE -5%. | Apr. 15, 2013, 9:15 AM | Comment!
Apr. 15, 2013, 7:34 AM
Apr. 9, 2013, 7:44 AMKKR has joined Blackstone (BX), Carlyle (CG) and other P-E firms to bid more than $12B (~$70.58/share) for Life Technologies (LIFE), NY Post reports, as suitors must make binding offers by today for the maker of laboratory equipment. Last week, Thermo Fisher (TMO) reportedly was the frontrunner with a bid of $65-$70. LIFE +1.9% premarket. | Apr. 9, 2013, 7:44 AM | Comment!
Mar. 22, 2013, 3:15 PMKKR (KKR -2%) and TPG Capital are apparently no longer planning to bid for Life Technologies (LIFE -0.1%). According to reports, the company is more likely to be sold to a corporate buyer, possibly Danaher (DHR +0.6%) or Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO -0.9%). LIFE had initially sought a private equity firm to acquire the company in a leveraged buyout, but strategic bidders emerged who may be in better position because opportunities to cut costs mean they could make a higher offer. | Mar. 22, 2013, 3:15 PM | Comment!
Mar. 21, 2013, 4:33 PMIllumina (ILMN) wins a favorable judgment in its patent litigation against Life Technologies (LIFE), with the court saying that its sequencing systems do not infringe on LIFE's patents. Life Technologies filed the lawsuit against ILMN in 2009. The Court ruled that, “Life Tech cannot establish, as a matter of law, that the accused Illumina systems infringe” the patents. ILMN +1.4% AH. | Mar. 21, 2013, 4:33 PM | Comment!
Mar. 21, 2013, 12:11 PM
TMO vs. ETF Alternatives
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc offers analytical instruments, laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables, reagents, chemicals, and supplies to pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs.
Other News & PR