Nov. 18, 2013, 12:45 PM
Jul. 31, 2013, 2:21 PM
- Although some analysts hold out hope that potash producers Uralkali and Belaruskali can settle their differences and reverse the damage from yesterday's breakup, Uralkali's CEO says it's not happening although he could consider joining with Belarus in a Swiss-based trading company.
- He believes new global potash projects will be delayed, and sees global potash demand rising to 59M-60M tons in 2014 from 54M-55M tons in 2013.
- Separately, Potash (POT -4.9%) confirms the Toronto Stock Exchange's approval of a previously announced ~43.35M share repurchase program.
- MOS -2.8%, IPI -7.4%, AGU -2.1%, SQM -4.9%, CF -0.5%, RNF -1%, TNH -1.3%, UAN -0.4%.
Jul. 29, 2013, 3:24 PM
- More on CF Industries (CF +10.1%) from Dan Loeb: "We believe its structural cash flow generation strength is misunderstood and that management should deliver a much larger dividend to its shareholders. Such a dividend would highlight the sustainability of its cash flow generation and lead to a substantial re-rating." (earlier)
- Josh Brown: "Dan Loeb is the last of the marquee name hedge fund managers with the aura intact. So CF Industries goes vertical on his buy."
- Potash peers: RNF +4.1%, AGU +2.5%, TNH +2%, MOS +1%, POT +1%.
Mar. 29, 2012, 1:17 PMMosaic (MOS -5.7%) is off sharply falling its FQ3 miss, which was marked by slumping margins. The timing of the miss is unfortunate for Stifel, which is starting coverage on rival Potash (POT -1.8%) with a Buy, arguing continued crop pricing strength and Chinese demand will give shares a lift. Also trading lower: CF -3.5%. TNH -2.5%. AGU -1.3%. (previously) | Comment!
Sep. 28, 2011, 9:49 AM
Sep. 21, 2011, 3:18 PM
Sep. 20, 2011, 3:07 PM
TNH vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR