Oct. 30, 2014, 5:48 PM
Oct. 30, 2014, 4:36 PM
Aug. 11, 2014, 10:29 AM
Jul. 24, 2014, 6:01 PM
- Tempur Sealy International (TPX) Q2 results: Net Sales: $715.0M (+8.2%), Retail: $658.2M (+9.3%), Direct: $30.6M (+1.0%), Bedding: $657.4M (+9.8%); Gross Profit: $268.3M (+5.3%); Operating Income: $50.3M (+14.3%).
- Gross margin declined 2.9% yoy to 37.5% due to increased investments in new products and related marketing. CEO Mark Sarvary expects significant margin improvement in 2H.
- 2014 Guidance: net sales: $2.925B - 2.975B; adjusted EBITDA: $410M - 430M; adjusted EPS: $2.60 - 2.85.
- Shares now down 5.1% after hours.
Jul. 24, 2014, 4:26 PM
May 2, 2014, 9:47 AM| May 2, 2014, 9:47 AM | Comment!
May 1, 2014, 4:14 PM
Mar. 24, 2014, 7:27 PM
- As U.S. corporations sit on $1T-plus in cash and with many facing organic growth challenges, Morgan Stanley lists 44 multi-billion dollar cap companies it thinks have a high likelihood of receiving at least one tender offer over the next 12 months.
- In the energy sector: NFX, SD, TDW.
- In materials: CLF, AXLL, UFS, RGLD.
- Consumer discretionary: SBGI, WEN, TPX, EAT, BYI, DWA, JCP, AEO.
- Consumer staples: INGR, HAIN, HSH, WWAV.
- Health care: CELG, ESRX, WLP, REGN, ALXN, AET, CI, BDX, CERN.
- Financial: NSM.
- Tech: BRCD, ONNN, TIBX, SPWR, IM, JBL, SUNE, TER, ARRS, NSR.
- Telecom: CCI, SBAC, LVLT, WIN, FTR.
Feb. 18, 2014, 10:23 AM
- Tempur Sealy International (TPX +2%) looks poised for accelerating sales in Europe, predicts Piper Jaffray.
- Piper also sees momentum in the U.S. as new product line from Tempur resonate with consumers in H2.
- The investment firm shifts its rating on TPX to Overweight from Neutral and boosts its price target to $56.
Feb. 6, 2014, 4:06 PM
Feb. 6, 2014, 12:10 AM| Feb. 6, 2014, 12:10 AM | 4 Comments
Feb. 5, 2014, 5:35 PM| Feb. 5, 2014, 5:35 PM | 2 Comments
Jan. 6, 2014, 9:56 AM
Dec. 30, 2013, 10:26 AM
- Bob's Discount Furniture changes P-E hands, going to Bain Capital from Apax Partners.
- A deal for the furniture store chain is believed to be in the neighborhood of $350M.
- The company is in an aggressive expansion mode and in some markets competes with La-Z-Boy (LZB +0.7%), Tempur Sealy (TPX +0.4%), Bassett Furniture (BSET -0.2%), Ethan Allen (ETH -0.3%), and Pier 1 Imports (PIR -0.3%).
Nov. 14, 2013, 5:57 PM
- Intrexon (XON) +4.8% AH after David Einhorn's Greenlight Capital reveals it opened a ~2.1M-share position in the biotech company that went public in August. (13F)
- Greenlight also started positions in NVR and Tempur Sealy (TPX), and added large stakes in WPX Energy (WPX) and Spirit AeroSystems (SPR); it closed positions on Oaktree Capital (OAK), State Bank Financial (STBZ) and Capital Bank Financial (CBF), while selling 20% of its shares in Rite Aid (RAD).
- Its biggest positions are still in Apple (AAPL), 21.1% of the portfolio; GM, 11.3%; and Marvell Technology (MRVL), 9.4%.
Nov. 14, 2013, 3:20 PM
- The Adivsor Shares ETF, HDGE, which seeks capital appreciation through short sales of U.S. equities, is placing a bet on the decline of Harley Davidson (HOG).
- The actively managed fund is citing the build up of inventories in dealerships, tapering of motorcycle registrations, and premium price of Harley motorcycles as solid signals for an approaching price decline.
- Current top short positions in HDGE's actively managed portfolio include Caterpillar CAT, Consolidated Communications CNSL, and Tempur Sealy International TPX.
- Other alternative strategy ETFs: HDGI, SH, RWM, DOG
TPX vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR