Wed, May 13, 3:49 PM
- Energy MLPs are trading with mixed results, which is not in line with an analyst's expectation that several names in the space may be outperformers today after Williams Cos. (WMB +6.2%) agreed to buy Williams Partners (WPZ +22.7%).
- In an earlier note to investors, Credit Suisse named Plains GP Holdings (PAGP +1%), Targa Resources (TRGP +1.1%), NuStar GP Holdings (NSH -0.1%) and Western Gas Equity (WGP -0.7%) as MLPs that could climb on the news.
- Meanwhile, Wells Fargo says the deal is positive, since it reduces the WMB's cost of capital, will immediately increase its profits, and enhances its dividend growth outlook.
- Among major energy MLPs: EPD -1.5%, ETP +0.9%, PAA +0.2%, EEP -0.2%, MWE +2.2%, MMP -0.3%.
Oct. 13, 2014, 7:58 AM
- Targa Resources Partners (NYSE:NGLS) and Targa Resources (NYSE:TRGP) agree to acquire Atlas Pipeline Partners (NYSE:APL) and Atlas Energy (NYSE:ATLS) for $5.8B, including $1.8B of debt.
- Prior to Targa's acquisition of ATLS, ATLS will spin off its non-midstream assets; after giving effect to the spinoff, ATLS assets will solely comprise its general partner and incentive distribution rights interests in APL and 5.8M APL common units.
- The combination creates one of the largest diversified MLPs on an enterprise value basis, bringing Atlas' positions in the Woodford/SCOOP, Mississippi Lime and Eagle Ford and additional Permian assets to Targa's existing Permian, Bakken, Barnett and Louisiana Gulf coast operations.
- ATLS +14.1%, APL +12.8% premarket.
Jun. 20, 2014, 7:20 AM
- Targa Resources (TRGP) confirmed high-level preliminary discussions on a sale to Energy Transfer Partners (ETP), but says the talks ended without any deal. There are no assurances talks could resume.
- TRGP -13.7%, NGLS -9.1%, RGP +1%, ETE +0.5% premarket.
- Source: Press Release
- Previously: Bloomberg: Energy Transfer near deal to buy Targa Resources
TRGP vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR