5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There are 2 articles on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
PR Newswire (Mar 17, 2014)
PR Newswire (Feb 19, 2014)
PR Newswire (Feb 6, 2014)
TROV vs. ETF Alternatives
Monday, Mar 174:17 PM
Monday, Mar 178:27 AM
Monday, Mar 178:27 AM| Comment!
- Nano cap biotech Trovagene (TROV) debuts a KRAS genetic test that utilizes a urine sample instead of blood or tissue. The company offers the test as a service (laboratory-developed test). It detects the seven most common mutations in the KRAS oncogene.
- Consensus revenue estimates for 2013 and 2014 are $360K and $4.2M, respectively.
- 24 mutual funds have positions, up from 11 a year ago.
Friday, Nov 152013, 3:09 PM
Friday, Nov 152013, 3:09 PM| Comment!
- Trovagene (TROV +13.1%) is up double-digits after briefly trading in negative territory to start the day.
- The company reported a Q3 loss that was wider-than-expected Thursday evening, but that's not enough to make Aegis lose faith.
- "Although the firm's revenues were in-line with our modest estimates, the [wider] loss per share ... was driven primarily by higher-than-projected G&A spending [and the] negative impact of $1.3M from the change in fair value of warrants," analyst Raghuram Selvaraju says, before reiterating "revenue projections of $500K in 2013 and $4.6M in 2014."
- Buy rating maintained.
- Price target is $10.
Thursday, Nov 142013, 4:15 PM
Tuesday, Oct 12013, 12:56 PM
Tuesday, Oct 12013, 12:56 PM| 1 Comment
- Shares of Trovagene (TROV +16.6%) soar as the company announces the availability of the first urine test for cancer mutation monitoring.
- The cell-free BRAF test detects and monitors V600E BRAF mutation, replacing tissue sample-based monitoring which "has limited practicality for patient monitoring due to costs, tumor heterogeneity and potential complications from the biopsy process." (PR)
- Aegis' Raghuram Selvaraju says the news marks "a significant milestone for the company and [is] a core component of the firm's strategy aimed at attaining profitability near-term."
Tuesday, Oct 12013, 12:47 PM|Tuesday, Oct 12013, 12:47 PM| Comment!
Friday, Sep 62013, 12:53 PM
Friday, Sep 62013, 12:53 PM| Comment!
- TrovaGene (TROV -0.1%) says it's partnering with the University of Southern California to study genomic characterizations of metastatic colorectal cancers using itss cell-free DNA assays.
- The study is designed to demonstrate that cell-free DNA obtained from urine is a viable systemic sample for colorectal cancer disease monitoring, which includes measuring therapy response, identifying cancer genomic changes and monitoring disease progression.
Friday, Aug 302013, 2:32 PM
Friday, Aug 302013, 2:32 PM| Comment!
- Shares of TrovaGene (TROV -12.7%) have moved steadily lower throughout the session and are now down double-digits on twice their average 10-day volume.
- Perhaps weighing on sentiment is an ostensibly bullish article from SA contributor Douglas House which, upon a closer read, has some rather disconcerting things to say about the company's prospects.
- House flags "nosebleed" numbers for price/ book, revenue/ share, price/ to sales, and revenue/ employee and characterizes the status of TrNA testing as "embryonic."
- After a lengthy review, the author does note several "TROV-specific events [that should] bolster the company's prospects over the next 1-2 years," but it's probably the last paragraph that comes across the most bearish: "This stock is not for buy-and-hold types because of its speculative nature [and] if you hold onto your position expecting to see ... the company blossoming into the next Celgene, it ain't going to happen."
Friday, Aug 302013, 12:45 PM|Friday, Aug 302013, 12:45 PM| 3 Comments
Wednesday, Aug 142013, 5:05 PM
Wednesday, Jul 312013, 9:11 AM
Wednesday, Jul 242013, 8:55 AM
Monday, Jul 222013, 12:45 PM
Monday, Jul 222013, 9:00 AMTrovagene (TROV) says ongoing clinical studies suggest the company's technology is applicable "across a variety of cancer types." The company also announces clinical validation of an assay procedure for the detection of oncogenic mutations in cancer patients' urine. "The … capability to non-invasively monitor a patients' cancer in near-real time may improve … overall [disease] management, leading to better patient outcomes," CEO Antonius Schuh says. Shares +6.5% premarket. (PR) |Monday, Jul 222013, 9:00 AM| 2 Comments
Monday, Jul 152013, 4:51 PMCantor Fitzgerald initiates TrovaGene (TROV) at Buy with a $10 price target citing the likelihood that "compelling early data associated with the company's nucleic acid assays … will increase interest among leading cancer centers in further exploring the clinical utility" of complementing or replacing tumor tissue biopsies. |Monday, Jul 152013, 4:51 PM| 1 Comment
Tuesday, Jul 22013, 11:46 AM
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.