Wed, Feb. 25, 8:59 AM
- TC Pipelines (NYSE:TCP) agrees to acquire the remaining 30% interest in Gas Transmission Northwest from its parent company, TransCanada (NYSE:TRP), in a $446M deal.
- The total includes $253M in cash, the assumption of $98M in proportional GTN debt and the issuance of $95M of new Class B units to TRP which will entitle TRP to a distribution based on 30% of GTN's annual cash distributions.
- GTN is a 1,353-mile pipeline that transports natural gas under long-term contracts from the Western Canada Sedimentary Basin and the Rocky Mountains to Washington, Oregon and California.
- TRP says the partnership has the capacity to complete dropdowns in excess of $1B/year.
Sep. 18, 2014, 2:27 PM
- TransCanada (TRP +2.3%) spikes on a Reuters report that it is emerging as a possible M&A target, with several U.S. activist hedge funds reviewing the pipeline operator as a break-up candidate.
- Discussions about a potential campaign are in the early stages, but some of TRP's largest shareholders are said to have been contacted by hedge funds interested in a shake-up.
- The actions also have sparked discussion by TRP's board about its strategic direction, according to the report.
Jun. 17, 2013, 10:59 AMA 50% cut in Petrominerales' (PMGLF.PK) market value has left its equity and net debt valued at the cheapest multiple to profit among any oil and gas explorer in the world with a market value higher than $250M, according to Bloomberg, which speculates its reserves, estimated at 40M-plus barrels of mostly high-quality light oil, could attract suitors such as Enbridge (ENB), TransCanada (TRP) or Pacific Rubiales (PEGFF.PK). | 3 Comments
Nov. 20, 2012, 5:02 PM
TRP vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR