Mon, Feb. 23, 12:44 PM
Mon, Feb. 23, 9:43 AM
- In addition to soundly beating Q4 EPS estimates (and slightly beating on revenue), TowerJazz (TSEM +13.1%) is guiding for Q1 revenue of $225M (+/- 5%), good for 70% Y/Y growth and above a $224M consensus at the midpoint. The specialty foundry also says it aims to "achieve annualized non-GAAP gross profit in [Q4 2015] of about $400 million."
- Driving the EPS beat: Gross margin rose to 36% from 30% in Q3 and 34% a year ago. R&D spend rose 76% Y/Y to $13.7M, and MG&A spend 40% to $14.6M (compares with 75% revenue growth).
- Organic revenue growth was 23%. Revenue from "organic" top-10 customers (excludes Micron and Panasonic) rose 32% Y/Y. TowerJazz ended 2014 with $187M in cash, and $387M in debt.
- Shares are back withing $2 of a 52-week high of $16.59.
- Q4 results, PR
Mon, Feb. 23, 9:14 AM
Mon, Feb. 23, 5:50 AM| 18 Comments
Mon, Feb. 2, 2:50 PM
- Tech companies posting major gains today include fiber access equipment vendor Zhone (ZHNE +5.3%), wireless charging tech developer Energous (WATT +4.6%), 4G infrastructure software vendor Mavenir (MVNR +5.8%), online content provider Demand Media (DMD +6.2%), and online health insurance seller eHealth (EHTH +3.9%).
- Major tech decliners include several Chinese Internet names. Specifically, online retailers Vipshop (VIPS -4.9%) and Dangdang (DANG -4.1%), auto site Bitauto (BITA -6.4%), mobile game publisher Sky-Mobi (MOBI -4%), and social media/gaming platform YY (YY -6.3%).
- Other notable decliners include cybersecurity hardware firm KEYW (KEYW -4.9%), telecom/ARM server chipmaker AppliedMicro (AMCC -10.1%), specialty foundry TowerJazz (TSEM -4.7%), cloud healthcare software firm Castlight (CSLT -4.1%), cloud marketing software firm Marketo (MKTO -4.5%), online coupon code platform RetailMeNot (SALE -4.7%), optical component vendor NeoPhotonics (NPTN -6%), and supply chain software firm Manhattan Associates (MANH -5.1%). The Nasdaq is down 0.3%.
- Previously: Solar stocks jump amid oil/energy stock rally
Fri, Jan. 23, 2:53 PM
- TowerJazz (TSEM +4.4%) is up 13% on the week, making new 52-week highs along the way. Today's gains come on volume of 1.6M shares, soundly above a 3-month daily average of 1M.
- On Wednesday, Chardan Capital hiked its target for the Israeli specialty foundry by $2 to $17. SA Pro author Jaret Wilson provided an upbeat column last week: He thinks government approval of a planned Indian fab could arrive soon, and reports hearing TowerJazz might launch a new MEMS manufacturing JV.
Thu, Jan. 8, 4:18 PM
- Hit hard on Tuesday amid a market rout, chip stocks have more than made up for it today: The Philadelphia Semi Index (SOXX +3%) handily exceeded the Nasdaq's 1.8% gain. The index posted a 1% gain yesterday.
- Micron (MU +4.9%) has been one of the standouts, more than recouping yesterday's post-earnings losses. Ditto Freescale (FSL +9.2%), which benefited from a Deutsche target hike, and Marvell, which got a lift from an MKM note. Others: NVDA +3.8%. NXPI +4.7%. AVGO +5%. SWKS +4.5%. CY +6.1%. CODE +5.9%. CAVM +5.2%. SWKS +4.5%. SLAB +4.5%. KLIC +3.8%. SMTC +3.6%. ATML +3.7%. FCS +4.2%. TSEM +4.2%.
- As is their custom, both chipmakers and their clients have been unveiling plenty of new products at CES.
- ETFs: SMH, XSD, PSI, SOXL, USD, SOXS, SSG
Nov. 14, 2014, 1:41 PM
- In an article embargoed until 9:07AM ET Saturday, SA Pro author/Zacks analyst Lisa Thompson ups her TowerJazz (NASDAQ:TSEM) target to $20 on account of the company's Q3 results.
- Thompson expects the Israeli foundry to benefit from JV partner Panasonic's imaging expertise, as well as from an ongoing trend among fab-owning chipmakers to outsource more of their production to foundries.
- Shares +11% since TowerJazz posted a Q3 EPS beat on Thursday morning. Q4 revenue guidance of $235M (+/- 5%) was below a $243.1M consensus at the midpoint.
Aug. 4, 2014, 9:15 AM
Jul. 16, 2014, 12:37 PM
Mar. 11, 2014, 9:46 AM
- Vipshop (VIPS -4.1%) has been cut to Neutral by Goldman. Shares blasted off last week in response to the company's Q4 beat and strong guidance.
- Unisys (UIS -6.5%) has been cut to Market Perform by Raymond James.
- Aixtron (AIXG -1.6%) has been cut to Neutral by BNP Paribas.
- As part of a chip sector coverage launch, AppliedMicro (AMCC +1%), TowerJazz (TSEM +1.5%), Neonode (NEON +1.6%), RF Micro (RFMD +1.8%), and TriQuint (TQNT +1.6%) have been started at Buy by Ascendiant Capital.
Dec. 23, 2013, 12:46 PM
Dec. 20, 2013, 12:46 PM
Dec. 20, 2013, 9:11 AM
May. 9, 2013, 5:54 PM
Mar. 18, 2013, 12:48 PM
TSEM vs. ETF Alternatives
Tower Semiconductor Ltd through its subsidiaries, manufactures semiconductor integrated circuits. Its products include digital CMOS, mixed-signal and radio frequency CMOS, CMOS image sensors and power management devices.
Other News & PR