Thu, Jan. 29, 9:20 AM
- On Time Warner Cable's (NYSE:TWC) earnings conference call, the company waved off persistent attempts to get a hint of 2015 guidance due to the Comcast (NASDAQ:CMCSA) deal. Capex of $4.1B in 2014 (up 28%) comprised "accelerated investment in TWC Maxx, improved customer experience and network expansion."
- Revenue growth was offset in part by increasing operating expenses of 2.8%, including increases in programming costs (up 4.7%), sales and marketing (business) costs, and technical operations (residential) costs.
- Q4 Free cash flow of $891M, up 15% Y/Y; full-year free cash flow of $2.35B is down about 10%.
- Previously: TWC misses expectations as video subs continue exodus (Jan. 29 2015)
- Previously: Time Warner Cable misses by $0.06, misses on revenue (Jan. 29 2015)
Thu, Jan. 29, 8:52 AM
- Time Warner Cable's (NYSE:TWC) earnings miss today comes as it continued to bleed off residential video customers, while business services revenues and ad revenues made up highlights of its revenue growth. Operating income up 4.5%.
- Subscriber breakdowns: Residential video customers net loss of 38K; Residential high-speed data net adds of 168K; residential voice net adds of 295K; residential triple play net adds of 273K. Total customer relationship net adds of 67K.
- Residential services revenue up on increased high-speed data revenue, offset by declines in video and voice.
- Business services revenue up mainly on high-speed data and voice customers as well as cell tower backhaul.
- No full-year guidance offered, given where TWC is with the ongoing Comcast (NASDAQ:CMCSA) buyout.
- Q4 results
- Press release
Thu, Jan. 29, 6:05 AM| Comment!
Oct. 30, 2014, 6:04 AM| Comment!
Jul. 31, 2014, 6:03 AM| Comment!
Apr. 24, 2014, 6:03 AM| Comment!
Jan. 30, 2014, 6:05 AM| Comment!
Oct. 31, 2013, 6:03 AM
Aug. 1, 2013, 6:50 AM
- Time Warner Cable's (TWC) residential high-speed data revenue rose 12.5% Y/Y to $1.424B as revenue per customer improved 1.2% to $105.21.
- Broad growth in all areas of business services revenue.
- The company's share repurchase authorization is increased to $4B.
Aug. 1, 2013, 6:06 AM| Comment!
Apr. 25, 2013, 6:53 AM
Apr. 25, 2013, 6:01 AM
Jan. 31, 2013, 7:04 AMMore on Time Warner Cable's (TWC) Q4: Residential high-speed data segment revenue rose 17.2% to $1.346B, while voice and video both rose at a single-digit pace. On the business services side, sales were up 25.9% to $515M. Acquisition and organic growth drove employee costs higher during the period as the company's headcount increased. (PR) | Comment!
Jan. 31, 2013, 6:05 AM
Jan. 31, 2013, 12:05 AMNotable earnings before Thursday’s open: AET, ALKS, AN, APU, AZN, BEAV, BLL, BMS, BX, CAM, CL, CNH, CNX, COCO, CRR, D, DB, DNKN, DOW, EPD, ERIC, EXXI, HAR, HGG, HP, HSH, HSY, IVZ, LQDT, MA, MJN, MO, MTG, MWW, NDAQ, NVO, OXY, PBI, PCAR, PENN, PHM, POT, R, RCL, RGLD, SHW, TE, TEN, TMO, TWC, UA, UGI, UPS, VIAB, WHR, XEL, ZMH | Comment!
Jan. 30, 2013, 5:30 PMNotable earnings before Thursday’s open: AET, ALKS, AN, APU, AZN, BEAV, BLL, BMS, BX, CAM, CL, CNH, CNX, COCO, CRR, D, DB, DNKN, DOW, EPD, ERIC, EXXI, HAR, HGG, HP, HSH, HSY, IVZ, LQDT, MA, MJN, MO, MTG, MWW, NDAQ, NVO, OXY, PBI, PCAR, PENN, PHM, POT, R, RCL, RGLD, SHW, TE, TEN, TMO, TWC, UA, UGI, UPS, VIAB, WHR, XEL, ZMH | Comment!
TWC vs. ETF Alternatives
Time Warner Cable Inc provides video, high-speed data and voice services in the U.S., with technologically advanced, well-clustered cable systems in New York State, the Carolinas, the Midwest, Southern California and Texas.
Other News & PR