Thu, Mar. 12, 4:34 PM
Wed, Mar. 11, 5:35 PM
Dec. 4, 2014, 4:15 PM
Dec. 3, 2014, 5:35 PM
Sep. 11, 2014, 4:16 PM
- Ulta Salon (NASDAQ:ULTA) reports comparable-store sales rose 9.6% in Q2.
- E-commerce comp sales +54.9%.
- Average ticket price +3.8%.
- Transaction volume growth +5.8%.
- Gross profit rate flat at 35.3%.
- Guidance: Comp sales growth of 7%-8% is expected for FY14. Total sales are expected to rise 20%.
- ULTA +8.8% AH.
Sep. 11, 2014, 4:07 PM
Sep. 10, 2014, 5:35 PM
Jun. 10, 2014, 5:33 PM
- Ulta Salon (ULTA) expects FQ2 revenue of $706M-$717M and EPS of $0.78-$0.82 vs. a consensus of $704M and $0.82. Comparable store sales are expected to rise 5%-7% Y/Y.
- FY14 (ends Jan. '15) guidance for 4%-6% comp growth, mid-teens EPS growth, and $100M+ in free cash flow is being reiterated.
- Comparable store sales rose 8.7% in FQ1 (down slightly from FQ4's 9.2%), aided by a 72.3% increase in e-commerce comps.
- 21 stores were opened during the quarter, raising total store count to 696. 100 net new openings are expected in FY14.
- Gross margin was 34.5%, +70 bps Q/Q and -50 bps Y/Y. SG&A spend was 22.8% of revenue, same as a year ago.
- Expectations were depressed going into earnings.
- FQ1 results, PR
Jun. 10, 2014, 4:10 PM| Comment!
Jun. 9, 2014, 5:35 PM
Mar. 13, 2014, 4:26 PM| Comment!
Mar. 13, 2014, 12:10 AM
Mar. 12, 2014, 5:35 PM
Dec. 6, 2013, 4:35 AM
- Analysts pull back on Ulta Salon (ULTA) following yesterday's weak Q3 and uninspiring guidance, but differ on ULTA's long-term prospects:
- Piper: "We are downgrading shares of ULTA to Neutral from Overweight based on the following considerations: 1) management indicated that they are suspending their prior target of mid-teens% operating margins; 2) management lowered their square footage growth assumptions to 15% versus their prior range of 15%-20% growth; 3) management has adapted a more muted outlook for EPS growth next year and now expects to see low-20s% growth compared to 25% previously."
- Goldman: "ULTA’s 3Q results revealed two layers of unanticipated challenges. (1) An incrementally-promotional environment challenged 3Q results, and has continued into 4Q. (2) New CEO Mary Dillon is assessing the company’s investment priorities, which involve incremental commitments to supply chain and marketing. These factors led the firm to fall slightly short of 3Q consensus (though within guidance); lower 4Q guidance; direct 2014 initial EPS toward low-20% growth, below the prior long-run guidance of 25-30%; and, “suspend” long-term mid-teens EBIT margin guidance... We still see a strong growth concept, with strong ROI, albeit with murkier near-term visibility. The company appears to be assessing the magnitude of the investment necessary to optimize digital marketing, labor, and supply chain; resolving these questions in coming months should enhance clarity on profit potential."
- Wells Fargo: "We believe the pullback in ULTA’s shares (down 17% after-market) due to disappointing guidance is a buying opportunity for this high-quality growth story. We believe the recent traffic slowdown will prove to be temporary, related to a share shift to cold-weather apparel categories in October and November (which saw pent-up demand after two warm winters) and to gifting/promotional holiday categories during holiday. ULTA’s inventories are well managed and have minimal markdown risk."
Dec. 5, 2013, 4:25 PM
- Ulta Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrance (ULTA) shares are taking a beating AH, down 14.5% following a Q3 miss and subpar guidance.
- Comparable store sales increased 6.8% Y/Y, a slowdown from the 8.9% jump in Q3 2012.
- Gross profit edged up 70 bp to 37.4%, while SG&A as a % of sales climbed 120 bp to 24.5%
- The company opened 55 new stores in Q3, relocated 3, and remodeled 6.
- Management's Q4 guidance is paltry relative to analyst expectations: revenue is seen at $853M-$867M (vs. consensus of $894.8M) on comps of 7%-9%, EPS at $1.08-$1.10 ($1.24). The forecast takes into account "softer retail sales trends at the end of the third quarter which are expected to continue, as well as the Company's plans to maintain strong market share gains during a highly competitive and promotional holiday season."
- Conference call at 5pm ET, PR
Dec. 5, 2013, 4:09 PM
ULTA vs. ETF Alternatives
Ulta Salon Cosmetics & Fragrances Inc is a beauty retailer that provides one-stop shopping for mass and salon products and salon services in United States. Its brands include Bare Minerals and Urban Decay prestige cosmetics.
Other News & PR