Thu, Feb. 5, 10:36 AM
- The beauty sector is having a solid day after Coty and Estee Lauder both top profit estimates.
- Solid holiday sales helped take some of the sting off of a tough foreign currency translation environment.
- The color cosmetics category out-performed during the period.
- Gainers: Coty (NYSE:COTY) +8.3%, Elizabeth Arden (NASDAQ:RDEN) +3.5%, Inter Parfums (NASDAQ:IPAR) +1.0%, Estee Lauder (NYSE:EL) +6.7%, Revlon (NYSE:REV) +1.2%, Ulta Salon (NASDAQ:ULTA) +1.0%.
Dec. 5, 2014, 9:10 AM
Dec. 5, 2014, 9:03 AM
- Shares of Ulta Salon (NASDAQ:ULTA) trade higher after the company tops FQ3 earnings estimates.
- The retailer improved comparable-store sales by 9.5% during the quarter without sacrificing margin rates.
- SG&A expenses dropped 20 bps to 24.3% of sales in the period.
- E-commerce sales were up 47% Y/Y.
- New products and strength in prestige and mass color cosmetics helped pace the sales gains.
- The early look at FQ4 also looks favorable. Ulta Salon was tapped by some retail analysts as a Black Friday winner.
- ULTA +6.1% premarket.
Dec. 4, 2014, 5:36 PM
Dec. 4, 2014, 4:15 PM
Sep. 12, 2014, 12:45 PM
Sep. 12, 2014, 9:30 AM
- Ulta Salon (NASDAQ:ULTA) catches a wave of price target increases after smashing earnings estimates, led by strong e-commerce sales.
- PT boosts: Citi to $130; Baird to $125; Jefferies to $110; Sterne Agee to $125.
- The firm stands a chance of being disruptive as consumers warm up to buying more beauty product online, say analysts.
- Previous: earnings, details, CFO disclosure
- ULTA +17.1% premarket to $114.25.
Sep. 12, 2014, 9:15 AM
- Shares of Ulta Salon (NASDAQ:ULTA) are ripping in early action, but there could be a devil in the details.
- "About half of our earnings outperformance in the quarter was due to the impact that SG&A expenses moved later in the year," disclosed CFO Scott Settersten during the firm's earnings call (transcript).
- ULTA +17.7% premarket
Sep. 12, 2014, 9:12 AM
Sep. 11, 2014, 5:35 PM
Sep. 11, 2014, 4:16 PM
- Ulta Salon (NASDAQ:ULTA) reports comparable-store sales rose 9.6% in Q2.
- E-commerce comp sales +54.9%.
- Average ticket price +3.8%.
- Transaction volume growth +5.8%.
- Gross profit rate flat at 35.3%.
- Guidance: Comp sales growth of 7%-8% is expected for FY14. Total sales are expected to rise 20%.
- ULTA +8.8% AH.
Sep. 11, 2014, 4:07 PM
Jun. 11, 2014, 12:47 PM
Jun. 11, 2014, 9:13 AM
Jun. 10, 2014, 5:55 PM
Jun. 10, 2014, 5:33 PM
- Ulta Salon (ULTA) expects FQ2 revenue of $706M-$717M and EPS of $0.78-$0.82 vs. a consensus of $704M and $0.82. Comparable store sales are expected to rise 5%-7% Y/Y.
- FY14 (ends Jan. '15) guidance for 4%-6% comp growth, mid-teens EPS growth, and $100M+ in free cash flow is being reiterated.
- Comparable store sales rose 8.7% in FQ1 (down slightly from FQ4's 9.2%), aided by a 72.3% increase in e-commerce comps.
- 21 stores were opened during the quarter, raising total store count to 696. 100 net new openings are expected in FY14.
- Gross margin was 34.5%, +70 bps Q/Q and -50 bps Y/Y. SG&A spend was 22.8% of revenue, same as a year ago.
- Expectations were depressed going into earnings.
- FQ1 results, PR
ULTA vs. ETF Alternatives
Ulta Salon Cosmetics & Fragrances, Inc. is a beauty retailer that provides one-stop shopping for mass and salon products and salon services in United States. Its brands includes Bare Minerals and Urban Decay prestige cosmetics.
Other News & PR