Fri, Mar. 13, 9:14 AM
Fri, Mar. 13, 8:17 AM
- Ulta Salon (NASDAQ:ULTA) jets higher after another solid earnings report.
- Comparable-store sales were up 11%.
- E-commerce sales soared 55% Y/Y during the quarter.
- Gross profit rate -40 bps to 33.4% due to the higher e-commerce mix.
- Previously: Confidence in Ulta Salon in front of earnings
- Previously: Ulta Salon beats by $0.06, beats on revenue
- ULTA +8.6% premarket to $157.30.
Thu, Mar. 12, 5:37 PM
Thu, Mar. 12, 4:34 PM
Wed, Mar. 11, 9:44 AM
- Ulta Salon (ULTA +0.9%) is initiated by Cleveland Research with a Buy rating and assigned a $165 price target.
- Shares of the beauty retailer have been on a 55% 1-year tear as the trend of replenishing supplies online has taken hold.
- The company is scheduled to release earnings tomorrow after the market closes.
- Previously: Online replenishing trend takes off in beauty and personal care sector (Dec. 17 2014)
Thu, Feb. 5, 10:36 AM
- The beauty sector is having a solid day after Coty and Estee Lauder both top profit estimates.
- Solid holiday sales helped take some of the sting off of a tough foreign currency translation environment.
- The color cosmetics category out-performed during the period.
- Gainers: Coty (NYSE:COTY) +8.3%, Elizabeth Arden (NASDAQ:RDEN) +3.5%, Inter Parfums (NASDAQ:IPAR) +1.0%, Estee Lauder (NYSE:EL) +6.7%, Revlon (NYSE:REV) +1.2%, Ulta Salon (NASDAQ:ULTA) +1.0%.
Dec. 5, 2014, 9:10 AM
Dec. 5, 2014, 9:03 AM
- Shares of Ulta Salon (NASDAQ:ULTA) trade higher after the company tops FQ3 earnings estimates.
- The retailer improved comparable-store sales by 9.5% during the quarter without sacrificing margin rates.
- SG&A expenses dropped 20 bps to 24.3% of sales in the period.
- E-commerce sales were up 47% Y/Y.
- New products and strength in prestige and mass color cosmetics helped pace the sales gains.
- The early look at FQ4 also looks favorable. Ulta Salon was tapped by some retail analysts as a Black Friday winner.
- ULTA +6.1% premarket.
Dec. 4, 2014, 5:36 PM
Dec. 4, 2014, 4:15 PM
Sep. 12, 2014, 12:45 PM
Sep. 12, 2014, 9:30 AM
- Ulta Salon (NASDAQ:ULTA) catches a wave of price target increases after smashing earnings estimates, led by strong e-commerce sales.
- PT boosts: Citi to $130; Baird to $125; Jefferies to $110; Sterne Agee to $125.
- The firm stands a chance of being disruptive as consumers warm up to buying more beauty product online, say analysts.
- Previous: earnings, details, CFO disclosure
- ULTA +17.1% premarket to $114.25.
Sep. 12, 2014, 9:15 AM
- Shares of Ulta Salon (NASDAQ:ULTA) are ripping in early action, but there could be a devil in the details.
- "About half of our earnings outperformance in the quarter was due to the impact that SG&A expenses moved later in the year," disclosed CFO Scott Settersten during the firm's earnings call (transcript).
- ULTA +17.7% premarket
Sep. 12, 2014, 9:12 AM
Sep. 11, 2014, 5:35 PM
Sep. 11, 2014, 4:16 PM
- Ulta Salon (NASDAQ:ULTA) reports comparable-store sales rose 9.6% in Q2.
- E-commerce comp sales +54.9%.
- Average ticket price +3.8%.
- Transaction volume growth +5.8%.
- Gross profit rate flat at 35.3%.
- Guidance: Comp sales growth of 7%-8% is expected for FY14. Total sales are expected to rise 20%.
- ULTA +8.8% AH.
ULTA vs. ETF Alternatives
Ulta Salon Cosmetics & Fragrances Inc is a beauty retailer that provides one-stop shopping for mass and salon products and salon services in United States. Its brands include Bare Minerals and Urban Decay prestige cosmetics.
Other News & PR