Sep. 11, 2014, 5:35 PM
Sep. 11, 2014, 4:16 PM
- Ulta Salon (NASDAQ:ULTA) reports comparable-store sales rose 9.6% in Q2.
- E-commerce comp sales +54.9%.
- Average ticket price +3.8%.
- Transaction volume growth +5.8%.
- Gross profit rate flat at 35.3%.
- Guidance: Comp sales growth of 7%-8% is expected for FY14. Total sales are expected to rise 20%.
- ULTA +8.8% AH.
Sep. 11, 2014, 4:07 PM
Jun. 11, 2014, 12:47 PM
Jun. 11, 2014, 9:13 AM
Jun. 10, 2014, 5:55 PM
Jun. 10, 2014, 5:33 PM
- Ulta Salon (ULTA) expects FQ2 revenue of $706M-$717M and EPS of $0.78-$0.82 vs. a consensus of $704M and $0.82. Comparable store sales are expected to rise 5%-7% Y/Y.
- FY14 (ends Jan. '15) guidance for 4%-6% comp growth, mid-teens EPS growth, and $100M+ in free cash flow is being reiterated.
- Comparable store sales rose 8.7% in FQ1 (down slightly from FQ4's 9.2%), aided by a 72.3% increase in e-commerce comps.
- 21 stores were opened during the quarter, raising total store count to 696. 100 net new openings are expected in FY14.
- Gross margin was 34.5%, +70 bps Q/Q and -50 bps Y/Y. SG&A spend was 22.8% of revenue, same as a year ago.
- Expectations were depressed going into earnings.
- FQ1 results, PR
Jun. 10, 2014, 4:10 PM| Comment!
May 13, 2014, 1:27 PM
- An alarming drop in sales by Elizabeth Arden (RDEN -21.1%) has rocked the fragrance and cosmetics sectors.
- The read weak U.S. demand from the company and a heavily promotional atmosphere overseas has put some more tension in the air.
- Decliners: Avon Products (AVP) -1.1%, Ulta Salon (ULTA) -1.5%, Nu Skin (NUS) -1.2%, Inter Parfums (IPAR) -1.3%, Revlon (REV) -1.1%, Coty (COTY) -2.7%.
Mar. 20, 2014, 10:25 AM
- Shares of Ulta Salon (ULTA +4.3%) are moving higher after Goldman Sachs comes in with an upgrade to a Buy rating.
- The investment firm sees growth opportunities for the retailer and thinks increased buyback activity is on the table.
- The PT on Ultra Salon is lifted to $118 by Goldman.
Mar. 14, 2014, 9:20 AM
Mar. 13, 2014, 5:42 PM
Dec. 6, 2013, 12:48 PM
Dec. 6, 2013, 9:14 AM
Dec. 5, 2013, 5:41 PM
Dec. 5, 2013, 4:25 PM
- Ulta Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrance (ULTA) shares are taking a beating AH, down 14.5% following a Q3 miss and subpar guidance.
- Comparable store sales increased 6.8% Y/Y, a slowdown from the 8.9% jump in Q3 2012.
- Gross profit edged up 70 bp to 37.4%, while SG&A as a % of sales climbed 120 bp to 24.5%
- The company opened 55 new stores in Q3, relocated 3, and remodeled 6.
- Management's Q4 guidance is paltry relative to analyst expectations: revenue is seen at $853M-$867M (vs. consensus of $894.8M) on comps of 7%-9%, EPS at $1.08-$1.10 ($1.24). The forecast takes into account "softer retail sales trends at the end of the third quarter which are expected to continue, as well as the Company's plans to maintain strong market share gains during a highly competitive and promotional holiday season."
- Conference call at 5pm ET, PR
ULTA vs. ETF Alternatives
Ulta Salon Cosmetics & Fragrances Inc is a beauty retailer that provides one-stop shopping for mass and salon products and salon services in United States. Its brands include Bare Minerals and Urban Decay prestige cosmetics.
Other News & PR