Tue, Jun. 23, 6:07 PM
- NiSource spinoff Columbia Pipeline Group (CPGX) is taking Allegeheny Technologies' (NYSE:ATI) spot in the S&P 500. Allegheny will join the S&P MidCap 400.
- Also joining the S&P 400: Casey's General Stores (NASDAQ:CASY), Graham Holdings spinoff Cable One, DuPont spinoff Chemours, and the post-spinoff Energizer (NYSE:ENR).
- Getting dropped to the S&P SmallCap 600 from the 400: Unit Corp. (NYSE:UNT), Harsco (NYSE:HSC), and Semtech (NASDAQ:SMTC).
- Also joining the S&P 600: Nektar (NASDAQ:NKTR), Masco spinoff TopBuild, and the new/post-spinoff Gannett (NYSE:GCI). Gannett's broadcast/digital spinoff Tegna (Pending:TGNA) will have old Gannett's spot in the S&P 500.
- Getting dropped from the S&P 600, and not moving up: Aeropostale (NYSE:ARO), Paragon Offshore (NYSE:PGN), PetroQuest (NYSE:PQ), Quiksilver (NYSE:ZQK), and FXCM.
- Leaving the S&P 400, and not moving elsewhere: Peabody (NYSE:BTU) and AOL (acquired by Verizon).
- ATI -1% AH. UNT -0.7%. ARO -1.1%. PQ -1.9%. BTU -1.1%. NKTR +5.2%.
- Press Release (.pdf)
UNT vs. ETF Alternatives
Unit Corp engages in land contract drilling of natural gas & oil wells, exploration, development, acquisition and production of oil and natural gas properties. Its activities also include buying, selling, gathering, & processing of natural gas in U.S.
Other News & PR