Thu, Sep. 3, 10:44 AM
- UniPixel (NASDAQ:UNXL) has shipped touch sensor engineering samples that will be used in touch panels to be evaluated by an unnamed Asian tier-1 PC OEM for potential use in a 13.3" notebook.
- UniPixel: "The engineering samples feature UniPixel's XTouch touch sensor technology with its new hybrid-metal plating process and Diamond Guard resin coating. The hybrid-metal plating further improves the visual appearance of the XTouch sensors, and is expected to further enhance robustness of the sensor under extreme environmental stress conditions."
- Shares have received a boost from the announcement, but remain down 79% YTD. The company's market cap is at $17M.
- Previously: PC OEM places XTouch pre-production order
Fri, Aug. 28, 12:46 PM
Mon, Aug. 24, 12:46 PM
Thu, Aug. 13, 12:45 PM
Tue, Aug. 4, 5:44 PM
Thu, Jul. 30, 9:37 AM
- An unnamed tier-1 PC OEM has placed a pre-production order for more than 1,100 UniPixel (NASDAQ:UNXL) XTouch touch sensors for a new tablet. XTouch is the name UniPixel recently gave to its touch sensor offerings following the purchase of Atmel's XSense touch sensor ops.
- The order is said to be "based on the success of 1,200 units that were previously shipped to the OEM's touch panel integrator for the design and development of the new tablet product." The newly-ordered XTouch units will "go into pre-production tablet units for final configuration, tuning and testing to determine the viability of the final product and a go-to-market decision."
- UniPixel has jumped a day after closing at $1.20. Shares remain down 75% YTD, and at a small fraction of their 2013 highs.
Thu, Jul. 30, 9:12 AM
- Gainers: UNXL +33%. UNIS +22%. MEET +18%. GEVO +17%. SHOP +15%. OTEX +15%. WWE +15%. SGYP +13%. SKX +12%. MWW +9%. HBP +8%. HOLX +8%. WDC +8%. APD +6%.
- Losers: PRSN -35%. LNCO -21%. LINE -19%. FMI -18%. SSYS -18%. ITG -14%. FOE -13%. WFM -12%. QRVO -12%. OSK -11%. LOCK -11%. DDD -9%. MNKD -7%. NCR -6%. GNCA -6%. FMS -5%. MPC -5%. CROX -5%.
Tue, Jul. 14, 4:11 PM
- UniPixel (NASDAQ:UNXL) tumbled to new multi-year lows a day after shareholders (through a special meeting) approved the issuing of convertible senior notes, along with related warrants to buy common stock. (8-K filing)
- The touch sensor developer had $20.7 in cash at the end of Q1, and $2.3M in debt. The acquisition of Atmel's XSense's touch sensor assets was announced early in Q2.
Mon, Jun. 1, 9:48 AM
- Just 4 days after announcing a CFO change, UniPixel (UNXL) announces it has named Jalil Shaikh, formerly the Atmel exec in charge of developing/commercializing its XSensor touch sensor line (recently acquired by UniPixel) its COO.
- Shaikh also previously served as CEO of fingerprint sensor maker Validity Sensors (acquired by Synaptics), and as a Broadcom VP. UniPixel's last COO, Peter Shin, resigned in late 2013.
Thu, May 28, 4:36 PM
- Christine A. Russell, formerly the CFO of business software vendor Vendavo and before that the CFO of a few other firms, has been named UniPixel's (NASDAQ:UNXL) CFO.
- Russell replaces Jeff Tomz, who will remain for 30 days to assist with the transition. The touch sensor developer is 13 months removed from getting a new CEO.
Thu, May 21, 12:47 PM
Mon, May 11, 7:03 PM
- UniPixel (NASDAQ:UNXL): "While we are in the early stages of integration of the [Atmel] XSense operations, at this point we anticipate XSense revenues of at least $10 million for the year. We expect operating expenses to total less than $4 million per quarter by the fourth quarter and to exit the year with gross margins greater than 20%. We anticipate further gross margin improvements in the first half of 2016, leading to profitability for the full year."
- The company also states in its Q1 report it's currently shipping a finished XSense touch sensor product to an unnamed U.S. tier 1 PC OEM (presumably HP or Dell) for 3 devices ranging in size from 8" to 11.6." Five designs are said to be "through initial qualification stage" with the existing customer and other tier 1 PC OEMs based in the U.S. and Asia. One design with a U.S. PC OEM is said to be in the "final qualification stage."
- To cut XSense production costs, UniPixel is bringing catalytic coated film production for the touch sensors in-house. It expects to be finished within 6 months.
- GAAP operating expenses fell 8% Y/Y in Q1 to $5.7M - SG&A spend totaled $3M, and R&D $2.7M. Ahead of the XSense deal, UniPixel ended Q1 with $20.7M in cash, down $3M Q/Q.
- Shares are unchanged AH for now.
- Q1 results, PR, 10-Q filing
Mon, May 11, 4:13 PM
Sun, May 10, 5:35 PM
- AMBC, APEI, ARCW, ARNA, ASEI, ATHX, BDE, CALL, CHMI, CLNE, CYTX, DEPO, DRYS, DTSI, EAC, ELON, FF, FMC, FMI, FTEK, FXEN, GBDC, GTY, HALO, HI, IPAR, IPXL, JUNO, LPSN, MBI, MCC, MDR, MNTX, MODN, MR, MTZ, MVNR, OME, OMER, ONTY, OPK, ORIG, PAAS, PEIX, PINC, PVA, RAX, REN, SCLN, SF, SFXE, TCRD, TEP, TRQ, TTEC, UNXL, VRTU, XON, YY, ZGNX
Tue, Apr. 28, 12:45 PM
Tue, Apr. 28, 9:12 AM
UNXL vs. ETF Alternatives
Uni-pixel Inc is a pre-production stage company. It develops PEF products for the display, touch screen & flexible electronics market. It rebranded its PEF production process as Copperhead, & touch sensors made with Copperhead process as InTouch sensors.
Other News & PR