Yesterday, 12:45 PM
Tue, Aug. 4, 5:44 PM
Mon, May 11, 7:03 PM
- UniPixel (NASDAQ:UNXL): "While we are in the early stages of integration of the [Atmel] XSense operations, at this point we anticipate XSense revenues of at least $10 million for the year. We expect operating expenses to total less than $4 million per quarter by the fourth quarter and to exit the year with gross margins greater than 20%. We anticipate further gross margin improvements in the first half of 2016, leading to profitability for the full year."
- The company also states in its Q1 report it's currently shipping a finished XSense touch sensor product to an unnamed U.S. tier 1 PC OEM (presumably HP or Dell) for 3 devices ranging in size from 8" to 11.6." Five designs are said to be "through initial qualification stage" with the existing customer and other tier 1 PC OEMs based in the U.S. and Asia. One design with a U.S. PC OEM is said to be in the "final qualification stage."
- To cut XSense production costs, UniPixel is bringing catalytic coated film production for the touch sensors in-house. It expects to be finished within 6 months.
- GAAP operating expenses fell 8% Y/Y in Q1 to $5.7M - SG&A spend totaled $3M, and R&D $2.7M. Ahead of the XSense deal, UniPixel ended Q1 with $20.7M in cash, down $3M Q/Q.
- Shares are unchanged AH for now.
- Q1 results, PR, 10-Q filing
Mon, May 11, 4:13 PM
Sun, May 10, 5:35 PM
- AMBC, APEI, ARCW, ARNA, ASEI, ATHX, BDE, CALL, CHMI, CLNE, CYTX, DEPO, DRYS, DTSI, EAC, ELON, FF, FMC, FMI, FTEK, FXEN, GBDC, GTY, HALO, HI, IPAR, IPXL, JUNO, LPSN, MBI, MCC, MDR, MNTX, MODN, MR, MTZ, MVNR, OME, OMER, ONTY, OPK, ORIG, PAAS, PEIX, PINC, PVA, RAX, REN, SCLN, SF, SFXE, TCRD, TEP, TRQ, TTEC, UNXL, VRTU, XON, YY, ZGNX
Thu, Feb. 26, 6:07 PM
- UniPixel (NASDAQ:UNXL) states in its Q4 report the company and Kodak (NYSE:KODK) have "achieved integration yields in the high 80 percentile" with a previously-disclosed for an InTouch Sensor solution meant for a tablet OEM partner. "Our tablet customer understands the touchless plating line modifications we’re undertaking and remains patient with the process. We are currently working with the customer in planning follow-on integration trials."
- UniPixel also states a previously-disclosed all-in-one PC OEM partner "recently approved UniPixel’s all-in-one product design, and UniPixel is now working with two module integrators approved by the customer." Using Kodak's manufacturing facility, UniPixel plans "initial commercial shipments" to the OEM in Q2.
- Also planned for Q2: Commercial production of UniPixel's Diamond Guard hard-coat resin, and the modifying of an operational InTouch Sensor plating line to make its web handling touchless.
- UniPixel had no revenue in Q4, or in any other quarter within 2014. Q4 SG&A expenses fell 6% Y/Y to $2.88M, and R&D expenses fell 14% to $2.65M. The company's cash balance fell by $2.9M Q/Q to $23.7M.
- Shares have risen to $5.45 AH.
- UniPixel's Q4 results, PR
Thu, Feb. 26, 4:33 PM
Nov. 7, 2014, 1:45 PM
- Though UniPixel (NASDAQ:UNXL) is still dealing with "a limited number of challenges" related to starting mass-production for its InTouch sensors, the company expects "low volume sampling to our development customers in [Q4] and ramping to commercial production in 2015."
- Citing the progress seen for an InTouch roll-to-roll pilot plating line at partner Kodak's (KODK +0.3%) NY facility, UniPixel is "in the process of moving plating lines from the Texas facility to the Kodak facility where they will be eventually commissioned for production."
- The company also states it's working with Kodak on "an initial [InTouch] development project for the tablet market while working closely with a certain tablet manufacturer," and claims it's "engaged with an all-in-one PC OEM customer and their touch module integrators" regarding development efforts for an InTouch product aimed at the all-in-one PC market.
- UniPixel's cash balance fell by $3.6M Q/Q in Q3 to $26.8M. SG&A spend rose 18% Y/Y to $2.9M; R&D spend fell 5% to $2.7M.
- UniPixel and Kodak will host an analyst day on Dec. 4.
- Q3 results, PR
Nov. 6, 2014, 7:01 PM
Aug. 7, 2014, 5:58 PM
- UniPixel (NASDAQ:UNXL) says it's "working closely" with Kodak (NYSE:KODK) to transfer the pilot plating technology for its InTouch sensors from its Texas facility to the companies' NY production facility.
- The pilot line is said to be producing "appreciable quantities of sensors on a weekly basis to support yield ramp activities and sampling for our development customers." UniPixel adds it's making "measured progress" in improving yields.
- UniPixel and Kodak have provided InTouch samples to an unnamed tablet maker, and have "engaged an all-in-one PC OEM customer and their touch module integrators."
- Q2 GAAP opex rose 29% Y/Y to $6.07M. R&D spend totaled $2.99M, and SG&A $3.08M. UniPixel ended Q2 with $30.4M in cash, down from $34.4M at the end of Q1.
- Q2 results, PR
Aug. 7, 2014, 4:49 PM
May 8, 2014, 4:42 PM
Feb. 26, 2014, 6:12 PM
- UniPixel (UNXL) states in its Q4 report it's now planning to achieve commercial touch sensor volumes in 2H14, after finalizing its manufacturing process in 1H.
- The company also says it received three touch sensor purchase orders in Q4, one from its PC OEM partner (believed to be Dell), and "shipped one of these orders in December from low-volume, lab-based production."
- UniPixel revised its license deal with its PC OEM partner. The company now has the right to sell its touch sensors "for use in competing notebook applications," but won't receive milestone payments.
- "A number of potential candidates" have been interviewed during UniPixel's CEO search.
- Cash/equivalents totaled $39.4M at the end of Q4. R&D spend nearly doubled Y/Y to $3.1M, and SG&A spend more than doubled to $3.1M.
- Q4 results, PR
Feb. 26, 2014, 4:17 PM
Feb. 26, 2014, 12:10 AM| Feb. 26, 2014, 12:10 AM | Comment!
Feb. 25, 2014, 5:35 PM| Feb. 25, 2014, 5:35 PM | 4 Comments
UNXL vs. ETF Alternatives
Uni-pixel Inc is a pre-production stage company. It develops PEF products for the display, touch screen & flexible electronics market. It rebranded its PEF production process as Copperhead, & touch sensors made with Copperhead process as InTouch sensors.
Other News & PR