- US Bank, the lead subsidiary of US Bancorp, penetrates deeper in the Chicago deposit market.
- Despite the slump in the mortgage lending market, credit card and wealth management business came to US Bancorp’s rescue.
- Disciplined expense management has resulted in a lower efficiency ratio.
- Ameliorating credit quality of the loan portfolio is a healthy sign. Also, investment grade rating has enabled the bank to raise low cost funding.
- US Bancorp aims to return 60-80% of its earnings; 67% was returned in the most recent quarter.