- Former high flying technology IPO is trading at historic lows following disappointing Q3 and FY2014 guidance caused by weak domestic hospital spending.
- Industry leading medical communication software platform and devices that have unprecedented stickiness among users, heavy patent protection and rapid international growth.
- Acquisition by hospital supply company can cut $40M from expense line and will make Vocera immediately profitable despite challenging market conditions.
- Extremely heavy hedge fund ownership in positions that are deep underwater will likely force a sale of the company at a price well over 100% above current levels.
- This pressure can be evidenced by the recent departure and immediate hiring of new CFO who is coming off a role in a similar situation where he led an acquisition.