Wed, Feb. 25, 8:26 AM
- VimpelCom's (NASDAQ:VIP) Q4 revenue came in slightly to the upside of expectations at $4.39B, but the firm was hit by currency headwinds in posting a net loss of $0.53/share and a net loss of $691M for the year.
- EBITDA off $1.6B was about 7% off of expectations and down organically 8%.
- "We expect the operating environment to remain difficult in 2015, however I am confident that we have the right strategy to deliver on our targets," says CEO Jo Lunder.
- Facing the effects on the ruble and Ukraine's hryvnia, the firm will switch to negotiating vendor contracts in dollars.
- For 2015, the company expects service revenue to be anywhere from flat to a low-single-digit organic decline, and EBITDA flat to -1%. EPS is expected to come in at $0.35-$0.40.
- VimpelCom had announced an agreement with MTS (NYSE:MBT) to jointly plan, develop and operate 4G/LTE networks in Russia over the next few years.
- Press release
Wed, Feb. 25, 5:31 AM
Nov. 12, 2014, 9:48 AM
Aug. 6, 2014, 9:11 AM
Mar. 6, 2014, 6:30 AM
Mar. 6, 2014, 4:37 AM
- VimpelCom (VIP) swung to a Q4 net loss of $2.7B from a profit of $195M a year earlier and badly missed consensus for a profit of $437M.
- Earnings were hurt by the Russian mobile carrier taking $2.9B in non-cash impairments, including just over $2B for its Ukraine operations.
- Revenue -7% to $5.6B vs analyst expectations of $5.7B.
- EBITDA -3% to to $2.4B, as expected. (PR)
Nov. 6, 2013, 2:42 AM
- Vimpelcom's (VIP) Q3 net profit slumped 53% to $255M and badly missed consensus of $504M, with earnings hurt by a tax expense, and regulatory and competitive pressures.
- Revenue fell 1% to $5.7B.
- EBITDA -2% to $2.5B, below consensus of $2.52B.
- Total mobile subscriber base +5% on year to 219M.
- The Russian carrier declared an interim dividend of $0.45 a share. (PR)
Aug. 7, 2013, 7:26 AM
May. 15, 2013, 6:06 AM
Mar. 6, 2013, 3:20 AMVimpelcom (VIP): Q4 net profit $801M vs loss of $381M a year earlier and consensus of $477.5M. EBITDA +9.9% to $2.45B vs expectations of $2.47B. EBITDA margin 41.1% vs 37.8%. Revenue +1% to $5.95B vs forecasts of $5.88B. Subscriber base +5% to 214M. Expects capex to grow 22% in 2013. Will announce dividends in Q2. (PR) | Comment!
Jan. 16, 2013, 12:58 PMVimpelCom (VIP +4.4%) treks higher after outlining its 2013-2015 objectives ahead of its Analyst & Investor Day. The Russian mobile carrier says it's shooting mid-single-digit revenue and EBITDA CAGRs, and wants to have a net debt/EBITDA ratio below 2x by the end of 2015. It also wants its capex/revenue ratio (exc. spectrum license payments) to be under 15% by the end of this period, and for $2B/year in operating cash flow improvement to be achieved. (webcast and slides) | Comment!
Nov. 14, 2012, 5:21 AMVimpelcom (VIP): Q3 net profit nearly triples to $538M vs consensus of $521M. EBITDA -2% to $2.53B for 44% profit margin vs forecasts of $2.51B and 43.7%. Consolidated revenue -6% to $5.75B, in line with forecasts, hurt by weakness in almost all its operating currencies against the dollar. Organic revenue growth, which excludes forex fluctuations, +3%; mobile subscribers +7% to 212M. (PR) | Comment!
Sep. 7, 2011, 1:51 PMRussian mobile carrier VimpelCom (VIP) is down 3.6% after reporting Q2 EPS of $0.19. Earnings were hurt by higher interest and depreciation costs relation to its acquisition of international carrier Wind Telecom. Revenues grew 9% Y/Y to $6B, and mobile subscribers 11% to 192.7M, after accounting for the acquisition. | Comment!
Jun. 1, 2011, 6:05 AM
Jun. 1, 2011, 12:05 AM
May. 26, 2011, 12:05 AM
VIP vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR