There are no Transcripts on VIXH.
Tue, Jul. 1, 12:40 PM
- Traditionally a mutual fund issuer, Compass EMP is striking out into the ETF industry with the creation of 3 smart beta funds, each tracking an index made by Compass EMP.
- The Compass EMP U.S. EQ Income 100 Enhanced Volatility Weighted Fund (CDC), Compass EMP U.S. 500 Volatility Weighted Index ETF (CFA), and Compass EMP U.S. 500 Enhanced Volatility Weighted Index ETF (CFO) will all begin trading on July 2nd.
- These funds all feature a focus on volatility management and will charge an expense ratio between 58 and 68 basis points.
- U.S. ETFs with a focus on volatility: SPLV, LGLV, USMV, VQT, PHDG, XSLV, SPXH, XMLV, SMLV, ERW, VIXH
Wed, Apr. 2, 4:24 PM
- Selling volatility in 2012 and 2013 has funded many a vacation home, but one favorite - the VelocityShares Daily Inverse Short-Term Futures ETN (XIV) - is down 5% this year
- "The absence of net sellers of VIX is remarkable," writes the team at SocGen, noting historically, hedge funds - with long equity positions elsewhere - "have a strong natural bias toward net selling the VIX." Given a market in contango, it pays even more to be short, yet they still aren't.
- The risk of a spike in volatility thanks to geopolitical tensions with Russia may be having an influence, but alone don't explain the trend, says SocGen, which concludes the period of low volatility is coming to and end.
- ETFs: VXX, UVXY, TVIX, XIV, VIXY, SVXY, ZIV, VXZ, VIXM, CVOL, VIIX, XVZ, VIXH, ACWV, XVIX, XXV, TVIZ, IVOP, VIIZ
Tue, Mar. 18, 1:24 PM
- The CBOE: Where fear never sleeps. Beginning June 22, futures action in the VIX will be available nearly around the clock, with trading beginning on Sunday evenings and not shutting down until Miller Time on Fridays.
- The calculation of the actual VIX, however, will only take place during regular U.S. trading hours, says the exchange.
- ETFs: VXX, UVXY, TVIX, XIV, VIXY, SVXY, ZIV, VXZ, VIXM, VQT, CVOL, VIIX, PHDG, XVZ, VIXH, ACWV, XVIX, XXV, TVIZ, IVOP, VIIZ
Mon, Mar. 3, 3:05 PM
- U.S. stocks are well off session lows, but gold continues to move ahead, now up 2.3% and at a 4-month high of $1,352 per ounce. At a 5-month high is WTI crude oil, up 2.1% to $1.04.74 per barrel.
- Not showing much movement earlier, money is now flowing out of Europe and into the greenback, which has gained 0.5% against the euro (FXE) and cable (FXB) and 0.4% vs. the Swiss franc (FXF)
- Another beneficiary is volatility, and the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX +5.4%) moves to its highest level in a month.
- Vol ETFs: VXX, UVXY, TVIX, XIV, VIXY, SVXY, ZIV, VXZ, VIXM, VQT, CVOL, VIIX, XVZ, PHDG, VIXH, ACWV, XVIX, XXV, TVIZ, IVOP, VIIZ
- Gold ETFs: GLD, IAU, PHYS, SGOL, UGL, DGP, GLL, DZZ, UGLD, DGL, GLDI, DGZ, AGOL, DGLD, TBAR, UBG, GLDE, GYEN, GEUR, GGBP
Fri, Jan. 24, 12:56 PM
- Call option bets on the VIX this week soared to a record high 8.4M contracts at the CBOE. "A lot are buying in size," says Mike Palmer, who sits at the center of the VIX pit. With volatility so low, speculators "can get a lot of bang for their buck." About 81% of VIX options trading yesterday was in call options.
- After a 7.2% jump Thursday, the VIX is up another 14% today, but - at 15.67 - still well below the 20-year average of 20.50.
- VIX ETFs: VXX, UVXY, TVIX, XIV, VIXY, SVXY, ZIV, VXZ, VIXM, VQT, CVOL, VIIX, XVZ, VIXH, PHDG, ACWV, XVIX, XXV, TVIZ, IVOP, VIIZ
Dec. 19, 2013, 11:26 AM
- The PowerShares Senior Loan Portfolio (BKLN) was honored with the William F. Sharpe Award for ETF Product of the Year this morning.
- Since opening in March 2011 and becoming the first floating-rate senior loan ETF, this Invesco (IVZ) fund has amassed over $6.2 billion in assets under management, making it easily the largest player in the space.
- "BKLN was a groundbreaking listing for investors seeking to reduce duration in their bond holdings and has become a flagship ETF in this space" stated Gregory Stoeckle, President and Managing Director of Invesco Senior Secured Management, Inc, in a press release.
- Also receiving honors this morning is the PowerShares S&P 500 Downside Hedged Portfolio (PHDG), which was named the ETF Innovation of the Year, along with its underlying index: the S&P 500 Dynamic VEQTOR Index.
- Other senior loan ETFs: SRLN, SNLN, FTSL
- Other VIX ETFs: VXX, UVXY, TVIX, XIV, VIXY, SVXY, VXZ, ZIV, VIXM, VQT, CVOL, XVZ, VIIX, VIXH, ACWV, XVIX, XXV, TVIZ, IVOP, VIIZ
Dec. 3, 2013, 3:30 PM
- Higher again today, the Volatility Index has gained for six straight sessions and is now at a 7-week high. Taper fear makes for a good excuse, but Baird's Bruce Bittles says the stock market - after notching its longest string of weekly advances in nearly a decade - simply needs a break.
- MKM's Jim Strugger says a number of potential negative catalysts lie ahead - notably Fed meetings in mid-December and late January, the January 1 deadline to sign up for Obamacare, and January 15 end of the current government spending authority (don't forget Friday's employment report).
- VXX +3.6%.
- ETFs: VXX, UVXY, TVIX, XIV, VIXY, SVXY, VXZ, ZIV, VIXM, VQT, CVOL, VIIX, XVZ, VIXH, ACWV, PHDG, XVIX, XXV, TVIZ, IVOP, VIIZ
Nov. 4, 2013, 3:47 PM
- "If the market was too confident about September tapering six weeks ago, it may be too confident about March tapering now," write the strategists at BAML, suggesting traders position themselves for a big payroll number on Friday - short 10-year Treasurys (TLT), long dollars (UUP), particularly vs. the yen (FXY), and long volatility (VXX).
- "The balance of risks going into Friday is unusually asymmetric," writes the team, noting a weak number will be discounted as a temporary shock from the shutdown, but a strong print will have the market pricing in a December or January taper.
- Treasury ETFs: TBT, TLT, TMV, TBF, EDV, TTT, TMF, ZROZ, TLH, SBND, DLBS, VGLT, UBT, TLO, FSA, LBND, TENZ, TYBS, DLBL.
- Dollar ETFs: UUP, UDN, UUPT, UDNT.
- Yen ETFs: FXY, YCS, JYN, YCL.
- Volatility ETFs: VXX, UVXY, TVIX, XIV, VIXY, SVXY, VXZ, ZIV, VIXM, VQT, XVZ, VIIX, CVOL, VIXH, ACWV, XVIX, PHDG, XXV, TVIZ, IVOP, VIIZ.
Feb. 28, 2013, 6:46 PMALPS debuts an options-focused High Volatility Put Write ETF HVPW today. As low-volatility ETFs gains focus in the ETF space with recent fund launches, HVPW gives investors an opportunity for exposure to puts on high-volatility stocks (whose options, naturally, command a risk premium in prices). HVPW charges 0.95%, higher in contrast to other option funds BWV and PBP, charging 0.75%. | 1 Comment
Nov. 29, 2012, 3:53 PMDubbed the "Fearless Index" by Brendan Conway, the CBOE is set to launch a Low Volatility Index tomorrow. It tracks the S&P 500, but adds in the returns of a covered call strategy - that of selling stock index calls while buying "disaster insurance" options on the VIX. Tricky stuff, but the success of SPLV and USMV makes it clear investors have great interest in the promise of smoother returns, writes Conway. | Comment!
There are no StockTalks on this stock yet.
VIXH vs. ETF Alternatives
The First Trust CBOE S&P 500 VIX Tail Hedge Fund is an exchange-traded fund which seeks investment results that correspond generally to the price and yield (before the Fund's fees and expenses) of the CBOE VIX Tail Hedge IndexSM.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Country: United States
Other News & PR