There are no Transcripts on VMBS.
Thu, Sep. 4, 1:22 PM
- The FlexShares Disciplined Duration MBS Index Fund (NASDAQ:MBSD) will invest in pass-through securities that have been issued by the Federal National Mortgage Association, the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation or the Government National Mortgage Association, as stated in the prospectus.
- Managed by Northern Trust, this is the 16th FlexShares fund currently available to investors
- "Our Disciplined Duration MBS Index Fund is designed to reduce effective duration volatility while providing incremental yield potential and fixed income diversification," said Shundrawn A. Thomas, Head of Northern Trust's Funds and Managed Accounts Group, in a press release.
- Other mortgage-backed security ETFs: CMBS, MBB, GNMA, VMBS, MBG, COBO
Fri, Aug. 29, 8:58 AM| Comment!
Fri, Aug. 1, 1:57 PM| Comment!
Wed, Jul. 9, 3:50 AM
- President Barack Obama has asked Congress for $3.7B in emergency funding to deal with an influx of Central American minors illegally crossing the southern border. GOP leaders say they are unwilling to give the administration a "blank check" without more detailed plans to guarantee the money will help curb the crisis at the border.
- Tensions have already been rising in Washington after the president announced he would take executive actions to reform border-control laws on his own.
- The aid request aims to create more detention centers, add immigration judges, and increase border patrols and air surveillance.
- ETFs: MBB, GNMA, VMBS, AGZ, MBG
Mon, Jun. 30, 8:21 AM| Comment!
Fri, May. 30, 3:06 PM| Comment!
Wed, Apr. 30, 1:10 PM| Comment!
Mon, Mar. 31, 1:36 PM| Comment!
Mon, Mar. 3, 1:36 AM| Comment!
Mon, Feb. 3, 1:28 PM| Comment!
Thu, Jan. 16, 3:32 AM
- The number of foreclosure filings dropped to the lowest level since 2007 last year, declining 26% to 1.36M properties, RealtyTrac says. The figure is less than half of the peak of 2.9M properties in 2010.
- States with the highest foreclosure rates in 2013 were Florida, Nevada, Illinois, Maryland and Ohio.
- The number of foreclosure processes started plunged 33% to 747,728, the lowest since RealtyTrac began tracking the data in 2006. Bank repossessions plummeted 31% to 462,970 properties, the least since 2007. (PR)
- Relevant tickers: PHM, MHO, TOL, KBH, RYL, HOV, SPF, FNMA, FMCC
- ETFs: ITB, XHB, MBB, MBG, VMBS, CMBS, COBO
Nov. 27, 2013, 7:06 AM
- Vanguard Mortgage-Backed Securities ETF (VMBS) announces monthly distribution of $0.073.
- 30-Day Sec yield of 1.65% (as of 11/26/2013).
- For shareholders of record 03 Dec; Payable 05 Dec; Ex-Div. date 29 Nov.
Oct. 30, 2013, 1:19 PM| Comment!
Sep. 30, 2013, 1:52 PM| Comment!
Sep. 11, 2013, 6:49 AM
- Richmond in California has approved a plan for the city to become the first in the country to forcibly acquire underwater mortgages using the power of "eminent domain," which enables governments to seize private property for a public purpose.
- The idea is for the council to work with investor group Mortgage Resolution Partners to buy delinquent mortgages at deep discounts to the associated properties' market valuations, make the loans more affordable for home owners and avert foreclosure.
- However, critics fear that the program could hurt the market for mortgage-backed securities, provoke lawsuits and endanger Richmond's finances.
- The FHFA has said it will press Fannie Mae (FNMA.OB) and Freddie Mac (FMCC.OB) to limit or cease business where eminent domain is approved, a move that would shut off most mortgage financing in the affected areas.
- ETFs: MBB, MBG, VMBS, CMBS, COBO
Aug. 30, 2013, 7:20 AM| Comment!
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.
VMBS vs. ETF Alternatives
Vanguard Mortgage-Backed Securities ETF seeks to track the performance of a market-weighted U.S mortgage-backed securities index with an intermediate-term dollar-weighted average maturity.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Country: United States
Other News & PR