5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There are no Transcripts on VMBS.
VMBS vs. ETF Alternatives
Vanguard Mortgage-Backed Securities ETF seeks to track the performance of a market-weighted U.S mortgage-backed securities index with an intermediate-term dollar-weighted average maturity.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Country: United States
Yesterday, 3:50 AM
- President Barack Obama has asked Congress for $3.7B in emergency funding to deal with an influx of Central American minors illegally crossing the southern border. GOP leaders say they are unwilling to give the administration a "blank check" without more detailed plans to guarantee the money will help curb the crisis at the border.
- Tensions have already been rising in Washington after the president announced he would take executive actions to reform border-control laws on his own.
- The aid request aims to create more detention centers, add immigration judges, and increase border patrols and air surveillance.
- ETFs: MBB, GNMA, VMBS, AGZ, MBG
Mon, Jun. 30, 8:21 AM| Mon, Jun. 30, 8:21 AM | Comment!
Fri, May. 30, 3:06 PM| Fri, May. 30, 3:06 PM | Comment!
Wed, Apr. 30, 1:10 PM| Wed, Apr. 30, 1:10 PM | Comment!
Mon, Mar. 31, 1:36 PM| Mon, Mar. 31, 1:36 PM | Comment!
Mon, Mar. 3, 1:36 AM| Mon, Mar. 3, 1:36 AM | Comment!
Mon, Feb. 3, 1:28 PM| Mon, Feb. 3, 1:28 PM | Comment!
Thu, Jan. 16, 3:32 AM
- The number of foreclosure filings dropped to the lowest level since 2007 last year, declining 26% to 1.36M properties, RealtyTrac says. The figure is less than half of the peak of 2.9M properties in 2010.
- States with the highest foreclosure rates in 2013 were Florida, Nevada, Illinois, Maryland and Ohio.
- The number of foreclosure processes started plunged 33% to 747,728, the lowest since RealtyTrac began tracking the data in 2006. Bank repossessions plummeted 31% to 462,970 properties, the least since 2007. (PR)
- Relevant tickers: PHM, MHO, TOL, KBH, RYL, HOV, SPF, FNMA, FMCC
- ETFs: ITB, XHB, MBB, MBG, VMBS, CMBS, COBO
Nov. 27, 2013, 7:06 AM
- Vanguard Mortgage-Backed Securities ETF (VMBS) announces monthly distribution of $0.073.
- 30-Day Sec yield of 1.65% (as of 11/26/2013).
- For shareholders of record 03 Dec; Payable 05 Dec; Ex-Div. date 29 Nov.
Oct. 30, 2013, 1:19 PM| Oct. 30, 2013, 1:19 PM | Comment!
Sep. 30, 2013, 1:52 PM| Sep. 30, 2013, 1:52 PM | Comment!
Sep. 11, 2013, 6:49 AM
- Richmond in California has approved a plan for the city to become the first in the country to forcibly acquire underwater mortgages using the power of "eminent domain," which enables governments to seize private property for a public purpose.
- The idea is for the council to work with investor group Mortgage Resolution Partners to buy delinquent mortgages at deep discounts to the associated properties' market valuations, make the loans more affordable for home owners and avert foreclosure.
- However, critics fear that the program could hurt the market for mortgage-backed securities, provoke lawsuits and endanger Richmond's finances.
- The FHFA has said it will press Fannie Mae (FNMA.OB) and Freddie Mac (FMCC.OB) to limit or cease business where eminent domain is approved, a move that would shut off most mortgage financing in the affected areas.
- ETFs: MBB, MBG, VMBS, CMBS, COBO
Aug. 30, 2013, 7:20 AM| Aug. 30, 2013, 7:20 AM | Comment!
Jun. 21, 2013, 5:45 AMHolders of mortgage bonds may be facing billions of dollars of undisclosed losses after a review of investor documents showed that individual houses are being reported as being in foreclosure long after they've been sold or the loans paid off. The reporting lag has enabled banks and servicers to continue charging investors monthly fees, and could lead to new litigation. The companies involved include Bank of New York Mellon (BK), Wells Fargo (WFC), Ocwen Financial (OCN) and Bank of America (BAC). | Jun. 21, 2013, 5:45 AM | 6 Comments
Jun. 15, 2013, 11:36 PMUBS thinks it may be 1994 all over again. Some similarities: The Fed's actions to reflate the economy post-2008 resemble the easy money policies that were put in place post-S&L crisis; current "lackluster" economic growth mirrors "mini-cycles"of '90-'93; 290 bps plunge in Treasury yields from '07-'12 reminiscent of 400 bps decline from '90-'94; downtrend in CPI over the past five years resembles drop from early '90s to '94. UBS' advice: Avoid "popular convergence trades" such as EM credit (EMB, EMLC), EU periphery sovereign debt (ITLT, ITLY), U.S. MBS (MBB,VMBS), and high yield (HYG, JNK). | Jun. 15, 2013, 11:36 PM | 2 Comments
Apr. 29, 2013, 7:53 AM
Other TSLA news & PR