May. 20, 2014, 3:20 AM
- Vodafone's (VOD) FY EBITDA dropped 5.4% to £12.8B as revenue slipped 1.9% to £43.6B, hurt by the carrier's exposure to sluggish European markets.
- Net profit attributable to shareholders soared to £59.25B from £413M a year earlier, boosted by the sale of Vodafone's 45% stake in Verizon Wireless for $130B, for which the British carrier received a one-off contribution of £48.2B.
- Adjusted operating profit dropped 37% to £7.67B, mainly due to a much lower contribution from Verizon Wireless before it was sold.
- In Q4, organic service revenue declined 3.8%, although that was slightly less than consensus of -3.9%.
- Expects FY 2015 EBITDA to drop to £11.4-11.9B.
- "Our operational performance has been mixed," says CEO Vittorio Colao. While Vodafone's "emerging markets businesses have performed strongly," in Europe, the company continues "to face competitive, regulatory and macroeconomic pressures."
- Vodafone declared a final dividend of 7.47 pence a share, giving total dividends of 11 pence, up 8%. (PR)
Nov. 12, 2013, 2:39 AM
- Vodafone's (VOD) H1 EBITDA dropped 4.1% to £6.6B but topped consensus of £6.4B.
- Revenue +1.2% to £22.03B; on organic basis, revenue -3.2%.
- Pretax profit £1.51B.
- Takes £3B tax charge on $130B sale of its stake in Verizon Wireless.
- Confirms full-year guidance for adjusted operating profit of £5B, free cash flow of £4.5–5B.
- Vodafone intends to invest £7B ($11.18B) by March 2016 as part of its "Project Spring" to improve its network as it looks to cater to consumers who want to access the Internet with smartphones and tablets.
- Declares interim dividend of 3.53 pence a share, up 8%; intends to pay full-year dividend of 11 pence. (PR)
VOD vs. ETF Alternatives
Vodafone Group PLC is engaged in providing voice and data communications services for all types of customers. The Company has presence in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, the Asia Pacific region and the United States.
Other News & PR