Germany Sees Diesel As Their Version of the Hybrid
Wed, Aug. 13, 2:44 PM
Mon, Jul. 21, 7:09 AM
- Volvo (OTCPK:VOLVY) says it expects a 440M Swedish crown ($64M) blow to operating income for Q3 after a U.S. court upheld a 508M Swedish crown emissions fine over the automaker's Volvo Penta diesel engines.
- "Volvo will now review the ruling in detail, and consider whether to appeal or not," says the company.
- Last week, Volvo posted core earnings well below Q2 expectations due to slow demand for European trucks and a weakening market for construction equipment in China.
Mon, Jul. 21, 6:01 AM
- ABB (NYSE:ABB) and Volvo (OTCPK:VOLVY) are teaming up to revolutionize urban e-mobility by co-developing and commercializing electric and hybrid buses with fast charging systems.
- The first project will combine Volvo's electric hybrid buses and ABB's automatic e-bus chargers in the Luxembourg public transport system.
- Twelve Volvo Electric Hybrid buses are expected to be running on existing lines by 2015.
Tue, May. 27, 11:10 AM| Comment!
Tue, Feb. 18, 12:26 PM
- The Obama administration has asked the EPA and the NHTSA to propose new fuel economy rules for trucks by March of 2015.
- Heavy-duty trucks account for close to 25% of the greenhouse gas emissions in the U.S. from the transportation sector.
- Truck makers such as Cummins (CMI), Navistar (NAV), Oshkosh (OSK), Volvo (VOLVY), and PACCAR (PCAR) are already under general directives issued by the government in 2011 on fuel economy.
Thu, Feb. 13, 2:39 PM
Dec. 6, 2013, 7:23 AM
Nov. 20, 2013, 7:02 AM| Comment!
Nov. 7, 2013, 8:50 AM
- Volvo (VOLVY) tells dealers in the U.S. it will introduce more new models in the U.S. and back them up with a strong marketing campaign.
- The launch of the XC90 crossover next year will be the centerpiece of the automaker's grand plan to become relevant again in the region.
- YTD: Volvo's sales in the U.S. -7% vs. overall market +8%.
Nov. 5, 2013, 7:51 AM
- Volvo (VOLVY) says it will soar past sales targets in China this year as it continues to reach into new segments in the nation.
- Though still just a niche player, sales for the year are up 42% from 2012 on positive reception to model introductions.
- The results in China for the automaker have been solid enough in the past few months to pull it up to the break even level for the year in the market.
Oct. 25, 2013, 7:00 AM
Oct. 25, 2013, 6:21 AM
Oct. 21, 2013, 2:46 PM| Comment!
Sep. 30, 2013, 1:14 PM
- Auto sales in the U.S. are expected to post the first year-over-year decline in 28 months, but the industry is far from panicked.
- A calendar quirk had the Labor Day weekend included in sales tallies for August and September will have two fewer selling days than a year ago.
- Kelley Blue Book projects a seasonal adjusted selling rate of 15.2M units for the month.
- What to watch: A far better tell on the direction of U.S. auto sales is the steady stream of reports of vehicle shortages due to hot demand.
- Related stocks: GM, F, TM, FIATY.PK, HMC, NSANY.OB, TSLA, VLKAY.PK, DDAIF.PK, HYMLF.PK, BAMXY.PK, KIMTF.PK, VOLVY.PK, MZDAY.PK, MMTOF.PK, FUJHY.PK, FUJHF.PK
- Related ETFs: CARZ, VROM
Sep. 24, 2013, 9:07 AM
Sep. 17, 2013, 7:08 AM
- IHS Automotive's Carlos Da Silva thinks the European automobile market has bottomed out after dissecting the latest round of sub-par sales tallies on the continent.
- The analyst notes the rate of decline has slowed enough to call a bottom, although the general sentiment in the industry is that any recovery will be choppy at best.
- Related stocks: GM, F, TM, FIATY.PK, HMC, NSANY.OB, VLKAY.PK, DDAIF.PK, BAMXY.PK, VOLVY.PK
VOLVY vs. ETF Alternatives
Volvo is a producer of trucks, buses, construction equipment, drive systems for marine and industrial applications as well as components for aircraft engines. Volvo also provides financial services to its customers. Co. is organized into eight product-related business areas (Volvo Trucks,... More
Other News & PR