5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There are no Focus articles on VONV.
There are no Transcripts on VONV.
There are no News articles on VONV.
VONV vs. ETF Alternatives
Vanguard Russell 1000 Value ETF seeks to track the performance of a benchmark index that measures the investment return of large-capitalization value stocks.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Country: United States
- In Your Portfolio: US Growth and Value ETFs, Core Building Blocks: A Guide to ETFs That Divide the U.S. Stock Market by Market Cap
- Asset Class Performance: Growth vs. Value
Thursday, Dec 192013, 2:40 PM|Thursday, Dec 192013, 2:40 PM| Comment!
Monday, Dec 22013, 7:15 AM
Monday, Dec 22013, 7:15 AM| 1 Comment
- Stock index futures are flat ahead of a busy week of economic data, beginning today with the PMI and ending on Friday with November payrolls.
- Europe's down moderately, and Asia was mixed overnight.
- The big mover is the 10-year Treasury yield - up 4 basis points to 2.79%.
- Index ETFs: SPY, QQQ, IVE, SH, DIA, SSO, SDS, PSQ, IVV, SPXU, UPRO, VOO, QID, SPXS, SPXL, TQQQ, DOG, RSP, SQQQ, DXD, QLD, RWL, EPS, IWD, UDOW, SDOW, DDM, IWB, SPYV, BXUB, RPV, QQEW, QQQE, VONE, VOOV, TRND, SFLA, ROLA, BXUC, FTA, QQXT, ONEK, BXDB, UVG, VONV, EWRI, TNDQ, LGLV, SJF
Wednesday, Sep 252013, 11:45 AM|Wednesday, Sep 252013, 11:45 AM| Comment!
Monday, Sep 232013, 9:01 AM
Monday, Sep 232013, 9:01 AM| Comment!
- Vanguard Russell 1000 Value ETF (VONV) announces quarterly distribution of $0.399.
- 30-day SEC yield of 2.32% (as of 09/20/2013).
- For shareholders of record Sep. 25; Payable Sep. 27; Ex-div date Sep. 23.
Monday, Sep 22013, 6:29 PM
Monday, Sep 22013, 6:29 PM| Comment!
- What George Soros' The Alchemy of Finance was to global macro investors, Michael Burry's journal of trades in 2000/2001 may be to value fans. "My strategy isn't very complex. I try to buy shares of unpopular companies when they look like road kill, and sell them when they've been polished up a bit ... I care little about the level of the general market and put few restrictions on potential investments."
- Plucked out of message-board obscurity and staked by Joel Greenblatt, Burry posted returns at his Scion Capital hedge fund of 8.2% in 2000 (partial year), 44.7% in 2001, and 13.1% in 2002, as the S&P lost 7.5%, 11.9%, and 22.1% during the same periods. When the S&P bounced 28.7% in 2003, Scion gained 50.7%.
- This journal shows Burry willing to venture into just about any industry or situation as long as he sees value there. One place he definitely didn't spot value was in the previously-favored big cap tech names as their stock prices imploded. "Now that the bubble is pricked, tech stocks will face scrutiny they never faced before. It is a good time to start picking prices based on a solid understanding of the fundamentals ... greater bargains are sure to come."
- Burry went on make an even bigger fortune for himself and his investors by shorting MBS from 2005 on (though his investors, including Greenblatt, never forgave him for straying from stockpicking).
- Value ETFs: SPYV, IVE, RPV, VOOV, FTA, IWD, VONV, UVG, SJF, IWN, VTWV, UVT, SJH, IWW, MDYV, IJJ, RFV, IVOV, SLYV, IJS, RZV, VIOV.
Thursday, Mar 212013, 8:19 AM
Tuesday, Jan 82013, 9:59 AMJust before New Year's, Vanguard cut fees on more than a third of its U.S.-listed ETF lineup while raising fees on just 2 ETFs. Its sector ETFs saw the biggest price cuts (from 0.19% to 0.14%) while its 2 small cap funds (VIOO, VIOV) actually saw slight fee hikes. |Tuesday, Jan 82013, 9:59 AM| Comment!
Wednesday, Dec 262012, 9:57 AMThe ETF price wars continue: Vanguard slashed fees on 11 ETFs (full list), effective last Friday. The cuts ranged from 3% for the Russell 2000 Value ETF (VTMV) to 20% for the MBS ETF (VMBS). Vanguard is quick to point out the cuts aren't its attempt to engage in the "price war," but simply reflect the lowered costs of running the funds. |Wednesday, Dec 262012, 9:57 AM| Comment!