5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
at MarketWatch.com (Mar 20, 2012)
at MarketWatch.com (Mar 19, 2012)
at MarketWatch.com (Mar 12, 2012)
at MarketWatch.com (Sep 7, 2011)
at MarketWatch.com (Jul 20, 2011)
at MarketWatch.com (May 9, 2011)
at MarketWatch.com (Dec 7, 2010)
at MarketWatch.com (Nov 7, 2010)
at MarketWatch.com (Oct 15, 2010)
at MarketWatch.com (Oct 13, 2010)
at MarketWatch.com (Aug 6, 2010)
VT vs. ETF Alternatives
Vanguard Total World Stock ETF seeks to track the performance of a benchmark index that measures the investment return of global stocks.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Monday, Mar 2412:47 AM|Monday, Mar 2412:47 AM| Comment!
Wednesday, Mar 1212:28 PM
Wednesday, Mar 1212:28 PM| Comment!
- Mebane Faber's Cambria ETF Trust has introduced the Cambria Global Value ETF (GVAL), the newest addition to its lineup.
- GVAL will track an index of global funds based on systematic quantitative screens and hopes to avoid overvalued markets.
- Other broad global ETFs: VT, ACWI, IOO, ONEF, DGT, FIGY, RWV, TOK, IEIL
Friday, Feb 2810:02 AM
Friday, Feb 2810:02 AM| Comment!
- Falling from 18 basis points to 15, the annual expense ratio of Vanguard's FTSE Emerging Markets ETF (VWO +0.2%) now matches the cheapest-in-class, Schwab's Emerging Markets Equity ETF (SCHE +0.3%). BlackRock's recent entry as an ultra-cheap emerging markets fund, the iShares Core MSCI Emerging Markets ETF (IEMG +0.2%), for the moment continues with an expense ratio of 18 bps.
- Broad emerging market ETFs: EEM, VWO, EDC, EDZ, SCHE, IEMG, EEV, PIE, ADRE, EUM, EET, GMM, EEME, EMCR, DBEM, FEM, EWEM, EMLB, EMSA, EMFT, QEM, EMDR
- Other lower expense ratios from Vanguard: The FTSE All-World ex-U.S. Small Cap ETF (VSS +0.7%) down 20% to 20 bps, Global ex-U.S. Real Estate ETF (VNQI +0.3%) down 15.6% to 27 bps. Total International Stock ETF (VXUS +0.5%) down 12.5% to 14 bps, Total World Stock ETF (VT +0.5%) down 5.3% to 18 bps.
Thursday, Feb 2711:26 AM
Thursday, Feb 2711:26 AM| Comment!
- The SPDR Barclays 0-5 Year TIPS ETF (SIPE) launches today and will offer investors short term exposure to the TIPS market; this space features a lot of competition.
- The iShares Enhanced International Large Cap ETF (IEIL) and Enhanced International Small Cap ETF (IEIS) began their active strategy this morning and offer expense ratios of 0.35% and 0.49% respectively.
- The PowerShares International BuyBack Achievers Portfolio (IPKW), like IEIL and IEIS, is based on a previously launched domestic strategy; the PowerShares BuyBack Achievers Portfolio (PKW).
- TIPS ETFs: TIP, VTIP, IPE, SCHP, STPZ, LTPZ, TIPZ, STIP, TPS, TDTT, TIPX, TDTF
- Broad international ETFs: VT, VSS, SCZ, DLS, ACWI, IOO, SCHC, ONEF, DGT, FIGY, RWV, FNDC, TOK
- Buyback ETFs: SYLD, FYLD
Wednesday, Feb 2610:46 PM
Wednesday, Feb 2610:46 PM| Comment!
- The iShares Enhanced International Large Cap ETF (IEIL) and Enhanced International Small Cap ETF (IEIS) will begin trading when markets open tomorrow.
- Both funds will invest at least 80% of their net assets in their chosen market cap at all times and will be actively managed.
- The funds were modeled after IELG and IESM, which were launched 10 months ago and have returned 18% and 25% respectively since inception.
- Other global ETFs: VT, VSS, SCZ, DLS, ACWI, IOO, SCHC, ONEF, DGT, FIGY, RWV, FNDC, TOK
Wednesday, Jan 154:16 AM
Wednesday, Jan 154:16 AM| Comment!
- The World Bank expects global economic expansion to accelerate to 3.2% in 2014 from 2.4% in 2013, led by advanced economies that seem "to be finally turning the corner" following the financial crisis.
- In its Global Economic Prospects report, the bank also forecasts growth of 3.4% in 2015 and 3.5% in 2016.
- The bank predicts that the U.S. will expand 2.8% this year, up from 1.8% last year.
- While the Fed's scaling back of its bond-buying program is one headwind for global prospects, stronger growth in high-income countries should offset the impact of the taper, the bank says. (PR)
- ETFs: EEM, VWO, EFA, EDC, VEA, VT, FM, EDZ, EEB, SCHE, IEMG, FRN, BIK, ACWI, EEV, BKF, PIE, IOO, CEW, ADRE, IEFA, EUM, FNI, DZK, EET, PIZ, DPK, GWX, GMM, BBRC, EFZ, URTH, ONEF, EFU, DGT, DBEF, EEME, FIGY, EMDD, MFLA, EMCR, BICK, DBEM, PXF, EFO, ADRD, FEM, EWEM, RWV, JEM, EMBB, EMLB, FNDF, TOK, EMFM, IFSM, EMSA, IDHQ, FWDI, EMDR, EMFT, FDT
Thursday, Dec 192013, 2:34 PM|Thursday, Dec 192013, 2:34 PM| Comment!
Monday, Sep 232013, 8:18 AM
Monday, Sep 232013, 8:18 AM| Comment!
- Vanguard Total World Stock ETF (VT) announces quarterly distribution of $0.245.
- For shareholders of record Sep. 25; Payable Sep. 27; Ex-div date Sep. 23.
Friday, Mar 222013, 4:29 AMPresident Obama's historic visit to Israel (which continues through today) appears to have sparked Israeli markets, in the midst of a global sell-off. iShares MSCI Israel (EIS) is +1.03% over the recent 5-day period, with global counterparts trailing behind over the same period: SPY -1.51%, EFA -1.51%, ACWI -1.62%, EEM -3.14%. |Friday, Mar 222013, 4:29 AM| Comment!
Thursday, Mar 212013, 9:42 AM
Thursday, Feb 282013, 6:20 PM
Wednesday, Mar 242010, 9:20 AMSprint (S) is rolling out the first WiMax smartphone this summer, beating rivals Verizon (VT) and AT&T (T) by months. Dubbed the HTC Evo 4G and based on Google's (GOOG) Android operating system, the phone takes clear aim at Apple (AAPL). S +3.7% premarket. |Wednesday, Mar 242010, 9:20 AM| 1 Comment
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.