Is Wind Turbine Maker Vestas Ready To Soar?
- One area that’s often of interest to investors are stocks that are at the confluence of two significant trends.
- Vestas Wind Systems A/S, the Danish wind turbine company, rode the wave of enthusiasm for green energy 10 years ago.
- Its name became synonymous with a new wave of European manufacturing that was leading the globe.
- Tough times took the wind out of its blades so we decided to see if a fresh breeze is blowing.
There are no Transcripts on VWSYF.
Fri, May. 2, 5:45 PM
- Offshore wind power is set to grow six-fold by 2020, benefiting turbine makers including Vestas Wind Systems (VWDRY, VWSYF) and Gamesa Tecnologica (GCTAF), HSBC says.
- Total global installed capacity of wind turbines at sea is forecast to rise to 43 gw by 2020 from 6.5 gw at the end of 2013, with the U.K., China and Germany the biggest offshore wind markets, according to HSBC.
- The opportunity for manufacturers justifies a strategic long-term focus on the offshore segment, the firm advises; after 2015, “the rapid growth in offshore installations becomes a key to driving growth in wind technology."
- ETF: FAN
Dec. 17, 2013, 3:24 PM
- Broadwind Energy (BWEN +14.4%) is set to be a major beneficiary of Siemens $1B-plus power contract with MidAmerican Energy, supplying the towers for the 448 wind turbines that will equip five wind power projects in Iowa.
- The move by Warren Buffett’s utility company shows how a drop in equipment costs is making renewable energy more competitive with power from fossil fuels - a boost for suppliers including BWEN, Siemens (SI), GE and Vestas (VWDRY, VWSYF), and a threat to coal miners (KOL).
- MidAmerican expects to close some coal-powered plants in 2015 as the price of wind power (FAN) continues to slide, an exec says.
VWSYF vs. ETF Alternatives
Vestas Wind Systems A/S develops, manufactures and markets wind turbines that generate electricity. The company also installs the turbines and offers follow-up and maintenance services of the installations. Vestas produces the windmills and its components through subsidiaries and associated... More
Other News & PR