Oct. 8, 2014, 4:50 PM
Oct. 3, 2014, 8:14 AM| Comment!
Oct. 1, 2014, 9:01 AM
- Express Scripts (NASDAQ:ESRX) will feature Walgreens (NYSE:WAG) as the preferred retail pharmacy in its two national Medicare Prescription Drug Plans. Medicare beneficiaries enrolled in the Express Scripts Value or Choice Plans will either pay $0 (Value) or $1 (Choice) copayments for Tier 1 generic medications when using one of the more than 27,000 pharmacies in the plans' preferred retail network (8,200 Walgreens pharmacies and 18,500 community pharmacies).
- Specific financial aspects of the collaboration, if any, are undisclosed.
Sep. 30, 2014, 2:51 PM
- Walgreen (WAG -0.2%) continues to feel an impact from its generic pricing miscalculation that led to the dismissal of several high-level execs.
- During the firm's earnings call, management highlighted how lower drug reimbursement rates could continue to crimp profits as the company reels in less than a more favorable contract would have brought in.
- Earnings call webcast
Sep. 30, 2014, 7:54 AM
Sep. 30, 2014, 7:38 AM
- Walgreen (NYSE:WAG) reports comparable-store sales increased 5.4% in FQ4.
- Front-end comparable stores sales rose 1.3% during the quarter, while the prescription comp was up 7.8%.
- Store traffic fell 2.2%.
- Customer basket size +3.5%.
- Gross profit rate -90 bps to 28.0%.
- The company says synergies churned up by the merger with with Alliance Boots will reach $491M this fiscal year and $650M in FY15.
- WAG +1.5% premarket
Sep. 29, 2014, 5:30 PM
Sep. 24, 2014, 1:45 AM
- Walgreen (NYSE:WAG) is considering the sale of just over 50% of its infusion services business, in a deal that could value the unit at around $1.5B.
- The division offers infusion services at home and at care centers across the U.S. Infusion therapies are used for medical conditions such as bleeding disorders and serious infections.
- BofA has been hired by Walgreen for the sale, which has already attracted interest from several private equity firms.
Sep. 23, 2014, 1:24 PM| Comment!
Sep. 22, 2014, 8:37 AM
Sep. 18, 2014, 9:30 AM| 1 Comment
Sep. 16, 2014, 10:42 AM
- Walgreens Boots Alliance files a registration statement with the SEC.
- The new entity is the anticipated holding company for the merger of Walgreen (NYSE:WAG) and Alliance Boots.
- As anticipated, Walgreens Boots Alliance is domiliced in the U.S.
- The merger is still pending regulatory review and a shareholder vote.
- SEC Form 4
Sep. 12, 2014, 2:02 PM
- Wal-Mart (WMT -0.5%) plans to rebrand all of its Express stores to Neighborhood Market in a move that signals a stronger push into grocery.
- The new strategy means that Neighborhood Market stores will range in size from 15K to 40K square feet.
- The company is still testing the smaller Walmart To Go and Walmart On Campus concepts.
- What to watch: Though there's plenty of retail chains which could be impacted by Wal-Mart's NM push, Gilford Securities reasons that dollar stores (FDO, DLTR, DG) and drugstores (RAD, CVS, WAG) top the list.
Sep. 9, 2014, 10:07 AM
- Walgreen (WAG +0.7%) is likely to be pressured by Jana Partners to increase its buyback allowance, according to sources.
- The $3B buyback program announced last month by the company was a tad light for some investors.
- Jana landed a board seat at Walgreen yesterday with founder Barry Rosenstein jumping on.
Sep. 8, 2014, 6:47 AM| Comment!
Sep. 5, 2014, 10:11 AM
WBA vs. ETF Alternatives
Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc operates drug-stores chain in the United States. It provides consumer goods and services, pharmacy, and health and wellness services through drug-stores, as well as mail, and by telephone and online.
Other News & PR