Thu, Apr. 9, 7:30 AM
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (NASDAQ:WBA) reports comparable-store sales rose 2.5% in FQ2.
- Pharmacy sales were up 10.1% on a 4.8% gain in prescription count for the quarter.
- Gross profit margin -292 bps to 25.90%.
- SG&A expenses +22.70% to $5.606B.
- Adjusted operating margin rate declined 26 bps to 6.92%.
- FY2015 Guidance: Adjusted EPS: $3.45 to $3.65; Ineterest expense: $140M to $150M; Tax rate: ~29%.
- FY2016 Guidance: Adjusted EPS: $4.25 to $4.60.
- WBA +1.15% premarket.
Thu, Apr. 9, 7:02 AM
Wed, Apr. 8, 5:30 PM
Dec. 23, 2014, 7:38 AM
- Walgreen (NYSE:WAG) reports comparable-store sales rose 1.5% in FQ1.
- Traffic at stores was down 2.7% on a comp basis, while the average basket size improved 4.2%.
- Pharmacy sales were up 9% on a 4.3% gain in prescription count for the quarter.
- Gross profit margin -100 bps to 27.1%.
- SG&A expenses +1.8% to $4.456B.
- WAG +2.3% premarket.
Dec. 23, 2014, 7:34 AM
Dec. 22, 2014, 5:30 PM
Dec. 3, 2014, 8:29 AM| Comment!
Sep. 30, 2014, 7:54 AM
Sep. 29, 2014, 5:30 PM
Sep. 23, 2014, 1:24 PM| Comment!
Jun. 24, 2014, 7:44 AM
- Walgreen (WAG) reports total comparable-store sales rose 4.8% in FQ3.
- Customer traffic was down 0.7%, while the average basket size increased 2.9%.
- Comps for the front-end of the store rose 2.2% during the period.
- The company's gross margin rate fell 40 bps to 28.1%.
- Combined synergies for Walgreens and Alliance Boots were $367M for the first three months of the fiscal year.
- WAG -2.5% premarket
Jun. 24, 2014, 7:33 AM
Jun. 23, 2014, 5:30 PM
Mar. 25, 2014, 11:46 AM
- Walgreen (WAG +3.1%) CEO Greg Wasson says the company will close 76 unprofitable stores in the second half of the company's fiscal year.
- Most of the locations will be ones that are situated in close proximity to another Walgreens.
- The synergies from the Alliance Boots acquisition will continue to be a bottom-line driver for the company. By all accounts, the integration is on schedule.
- The combination of a harsh winter and a mild flu season cut into store traffic and margins during FQ2, according to execs.
- Earnings call transcript
Mar. 25, 2014, 7:31 AM
Mar. 25, 2014, 12:05 AM
WBA vs. ETF Alternatives
Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc operates drug-stores chain in the United States. It provides consumer goods and services, pharmacy, and health and wellness services through drug-stores, as well as mail, and by telephone and online.
Other News & PR